Gearbox, no reverse or first

Good afternoon fellow owners<div><br></div><div>I have a 2002 Z11 Cube automatic (not CVT). 100K on the clock. I've owned and enjoyed it for about a year. Last week It wouldn't select reverse. I took it to a garage who also suggested it also won't select first. As a gearbox fluid change was due, I had them change the filter and fluid. No change. Code reader said gearbox error but nothing else. anybody have any thoughts?</div><div>Anybody have a working box for sale?</div><div>Anybody know who could diagnose or fix it?</div><div><br></div><div>Thanks in advance.</div><div>All the best</div><div>Derek</div>

Comments

• Before change gearbox need to find out what the code ment on gearbox as some part of gearbox are electrically controlled it may just be a simple fix. its unusual for the auto box to give trouble my one has covered 230000 normally it's the cvts troubled box their are a few on eBay being broken or you can find notes /micras of year
  • Mrcube March 2 EditDelete
    Contact me either on the nissan cube owners page on facebook or

www.facebook.com/firstchoicecarimports

www,firstchoicecarimports.com

Currently breaking two,cubes
  • Thank you Toaster
    I'll get the fault code from them on Monday.
    Many thanks
    Derek
  • edited March 2017
    Fault reader came up with the following<div><br></div><div>3<span class="Apple-tab-span" style="white-space:pre"> </span>A/T 1ST GR FUNCTION</div><div>C1609<span class="Apple-tab-span" style="white-space:pre"> </span>CRNT<span class="Apple-tab-span" style="white-space:pre"> </span>CAN VHCL SPEED</div><div>U1000<span class="Apple-tab-span" style="white-space:pre"> </span>CRNT<span class="Apple-tab-span" style="white-space:pre"> </span>CAN COMM CIRCUIT</div><div>P1720<span class="Apple-tab-span" style="white-space:pre"> </span>1t<span class="Apple-tab-span" style="white-space:pre"> </span>V/SP SEN(A/T OUT)</div><div><br></div><div>Thanks Derek</div>