Suspension & Over heating

edited October 2016 in Cube Owners Club
Hello, been a while since i've been on here.<div><br></div><div>Two things:-</div><div><br></div><div>(1)<span class="Apple-tab-span" style="white-space:pre"> </span>My 03 Cubic is overheating, the garage I use has struggled to nail down quite why it is. Are there any common factors that cause over heating in the Mighty Cubes</div><div><br></div><div>(2)<span class="Apple-tab-span" style="white-space:pre"> </span>I would like to lower the Cubic, money is tight so i'm looking for a cost effective solution. Can anyone recommend a budget solution? I'll have 15" wheels</div><div><br></div><div>Thanks!</div>

Comments

• I should add regarding the over-heating, the fan kicks in but doesn't solve the over-heating
  • edited October 2016
    Stuck stat . Rad blocked .water pump impeller rusted off rare .
  • Cheers Toaster<div><br></div><div>Are stats fixable, or do I need a new one (and if I do, where would be the best place to get one?)</div><div><br></div><div>Thanks again</div>
  • Hi has just change it their cheap and easy to get .micra 1.4 cr14de engine code simple things first
  • Cheers Toaster<div><br></div><div>Bad news I hear, they changed the thermostat....</div><div><br></div><div>Its going back in next week, but any pointers for the chaps will save them time, and help save me some money!</div>
  • The rad might be blocked .
    The other thing may be head gasket however a garage should be able to test for hydrocarbon in the water.
    You say it's over heating I guess the red light comes on .?
    But the fan dose not cool it down .?
    Dose it stay cool whendrivving ?
    Can you run the car from cold with rad cap off brim fill it and just watch and see if you see any bubbles till she gets warm
  • Thanks again Toaster<div><br></div><div><span style="font-family: "lucida grande", "Lucida Sans Unicode", tahoma, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">The rad might be blocked.<font color="#ff0000"> Its not been ruled out, in fact I would say its likely</font></span><br style="font-family: "lucida grande", "Lucida Sans Unicode", tahoma, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"><span style="font-family: "lucida grande", "Lucida Sans Unicode", tahoma, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">The other thing may be head gasket however a garage should be able to test for hydrocarbon in the water. </span><br style="font-family: "lucida grande", "Lucida Sans Unicode", tahoma, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"><span style="font-family: "lucida grande", "Lucida Sans Unicode", tahoma, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">You say it's over heating I guess the red light comes on .?<font color="#ff0000"> Yes light comes on</font></span><br style="font-family: "lucida grande", "Lucida Sans Unicode", tahoma, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"><span style="font-family: "lucida grande", "Lucida Sans Unicode", tahoma, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">But the fan dose not cool it down .? <font color="#cc0000">Not enough, I need to put the heating on full for the light to go out</font></span><br style="font-family: "lucida grande", "Lucida Sans Unicode", tahoma, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"><span style="font-family: "lucida grande", "Lucida Sans Unicode", tahoma, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">Dose it stay cool whendrivving ? <font color="#cc0000">Nope, thought the air passing over the engine would help, but it has zero effect</font></span><br style="font-family: "lucida grande", "Lucida Sans Unicode", tahoma, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"><span style="font-family: "lucida grande", "Lucida Sans Unicode", tahoma, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">Can you run the car from cold with rad cap off brim fill it and just watch and see if you see any bubbles till she gets warm. <font color="#cc0000">Good shout, will suggest that. What would that indicate?</font></span></div>
  • I would definitely try last thing as that will point towards head gasket and a hydrocarbon test which would back up any compression leaks
  • edited January 2017
    I've been having a nightmare finding out why ours is over heating.<div>Some garages wouldn't even look at it "take it to Nissan".</div><div>Another just wanted to try parts (Water pump = £100).</div><div><br></div><div>If you want to check for a head gasket, you can buy <a href="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/302160186385?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&amp;ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&quot;&gt;a cheap kit from Ebay for £8.</a></div><div>I had to shave the cork bung down to fit my rad but It told me my HG had gone within 30 seconds.</div><div><br></div><div><br></div>
  • That's sort of good news now you just need to measure the wear in the timing chain as now would be the time to change chain and sprockets.
  • Sorry. Don't want to highjack the thread.<div><br></div><div>I'm trying to tell myself that toaster.</div><div>Fact is, it is what it is and it needs fixing.</div><div>I have a strong suspicion I was sold a plum. :(</div><div><br></div><div>At least I know(ish) what it is now and the £8 for the sniff test has saved the garage throwing more parts at it.</div><div>Just need a decent garage to fix it now.</div><div><br></div><div>BTW. Thanks for the nod on the chain.</div>