gen 3 kaizen stg u/j

edited September 2016 in General Chat
noticed a very light click on my steering wheel when on full lock (right).<div>seems to be coming from the telescopic  stg column lower shaft at sliding part (rotated stg wheel while holding it & can feel it)</div><div>any one replaced this part or any advice would be appreciated.</div><div>its held on with two splined bolts & thats it.</div><div>greasing it has made no difference.</div><div>reluctant to have nissan or other garage do this as after going to five not one</div><div>including nissan even looked at the car, same old replies "bring it in".</div><div>nissan gave me a price for doing job, i now have even more grey hair.</div><div>thanks.</div><div><br></div>

Comments

• I guess your talking about the column ?.Have to diy then best any way you should get the service you need . Have not done a column change on a gen 3 however is only nuts and bolts and some plastic trims and a bucket of luck ao forget the main steeler and diy.
  • thanks for the reply toaster,<div>main stealer £250.00 to do job without even having a look or knowing its a uk kaizen.</div><div>from what i can see you can get at both bolts, just waiting for my new shaft to turn up.</div><div>maybe its just me (ex mechanic) ,it only takes a couple of minutes to have a look right ?</div><div>my thoughts are this, if garages have not worked on cubes before they don,t want the job.</div><div>still like it to bits had two offers to buy it since i put it on the rd ( no chance).</div><div>cheers!</div><div><br></div><div><br></div>
  • Just all it takes to look dose not cost and then they may get the work but silly us .I am a mechanic 40 + years and it still gets me wen md still try and rip people off .hope you hav fun