p1722 & p1778 fault codes help please

Hi all,

My mother's 2010 plate cube has thrown the EML light on.
Had it plugged in and it returned this:

P1722 veichle speed maloperation
P1778 stepper motor maloperation

Had a quick look around the net and not really found an answer, the garage said it's a new gearbox at best!!

Hope someone in the know can help my very worried mum out with some info.

It's a sept 2010 1.6cc auto model.

Many thanks

Comments

• edited August 2016
    http://www.autocodes.com/uploads/nissan/NTB11-043.pdf
    The P1778 code is for the CVT Step Motor. As far as I know the only solution is to replace the step motor inside the transmission, in rare occasions the problem could be the Transmission Control Module (TCM)<font color="#ff0000"><span style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">
    HOW EVER DO SOME HOME WORK AS NISSAN HAVE A BIG PROBLEM WITH CVTS I THOUGH THEY OFFER A 100000 MILES TEN YEAR ON THEM ???????

</span></font>
  • Thanks for the reply, from a Google search it pops lots of "faulty cvt" etc etc.

Wouldn't hurt to call Nissan then to see what they have to offer.

Regards

Mark
  • Just a quick update....

Rang the local dealer and Nissan UK....

Went through what has happened and had a enquiry as if there was anything in place to sort the issue or if there was a contribution scheme, both told me the same, unless the car went to a dealer they couldn't tell me if there was any type of warranty in place?? Even though I had the print out with the fault codes they could offer nothing in the way of help(info), basically they wanted £100 to tell me what I already know and then say yes or no they can help....jokers......
  • How did you get on qed 296
  • Is it a proper UK car seeing as it's a Gen3, not an imported one? If so that is terrible service from Nissan. I've been disappointed with how they treat me with my imported Gen2, but if it's a UK car that's terrible.<div><br></div><div>I've had success in the past doing things like posting on their Facebook page as they don't like the negative PR. Just a very simple "my car has this problem. You know there is a problem with the CVT box. I shouldn't have to pay £100 to find out if there is a warranty in place or not".</div><div><br></div><div>Good luck with it though. Such a shame to put a downer on cool car ownership :-(</div>