Magic illumination

Hello, I'm new to this so bear with me. I've just recently bought a cube kaizen 1.6. I have discovered in the boot a magic illumination kit and a pair of illuminated entry guards . It would be a shame not to use them, so I was wondering if anybody had an idea of how much a garage would charge to fit?

Cheers

Comments

• Hi Paul, Welcome!
    I nearly bought one of these but it involves cutting into loom to fix running boards and mood lighting (if thats what you have?) I think someone on here may have fitted one but it needs a very competent leccy type to do it or a a garage, it may void warranty ifyou did it yourself as well? From memory i think i asked and it wasnt cheap via nissan!
  • I got a pair of the nissan LED sill plates cheap off flee bay,<div>easy fit, plug n play,</div><div>run wires under rubber seal, trim/dash. then both sides plug in under drivers side A pillar trim.</div><div>cant help with the magic kit, never seen one.</div><div>I will have the instuctions for the sill plates somewhere if you need a copy.</div>
  • Yep i did  the sill plates and the illumination kit myself.  and as harleyman says it's pretty straightforward... i suggest do them all at once for the illumination kit you will be taking off the Dash centre and zircon controls and the glove box comes out from what i remember. be careful with the glovebox as the control for the airbag is in there and it's on a short wire.<div><br></div><div>but yeah pretty straightforward  </div>
  • Paul,<div><br></div><div>I've done it all myself and it is literally all plug and play. If you have access to some plastic trim removal tools it would be useful but if not wrap the end of a screwdriver in a cloth and you should be fine. The magic illumination ahs the most plugs to fit but both need to be installed into a plug in the drivers A pillar so if your fitting you may as well get both plugs in there at the same time. I also didn't rip up the carpet to route the cables across the dash and zip tied it all the the existing loom as the sticky pads are useless. you doo need to trim a section of the bottom of the dash board edge but it's all out the way and I thing I did mine with a pair of scissors it's so soft!</div><div><br></div><div>I have shots of the door cills that I was going to write a guide to doing but to be honest again it's so easy you really can do it yourself.</div><div><br></div><div>Just remember to disconnect the battery first go slowly and patiently and you'll save yourself a fortune as I reckon even not knowing what your doing but following the instructions it would take you 3hrs tops for everything and the garage will charge you a good deal more as the book time is longer as they'll install it taking out the front carpets!</div><div><br></div><div>Whereabouts are you as there may be a handy member willing to give you a few pointers in person if they're close enough.</div>
  • Doh, I was told fibs then, Nissan guy said you had to cut loom, glad you've all got it sorted ;o) although anything fitted after sale would give cause to question warranty?
  • To be honest Bob I have no idea how they'd tell you it was done after sale and not installed by a technician. It's truly the simplest install I've done so far as it's litterally a case of unplugging connectors and replacing them with the loom expansion pieces in the gap. If they had seen or had got hold of a US set for some reason then yes weirdly that set does need splicing into the wiring but the uk set up just plugs in to existing connectors!
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">this might be useful as it has all the dealers instructions for accesories</font><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;"><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><a href="http://www.nissan-techinfo.com/home.aspx">http://www.nissan-techinfo.com/home.aspx</a></font></div>;