Newbee with a familiar car

edited May 2014 in General
I'm new here but I am the proud new owner of Simon's old Cube. <div><br></div><div>sadly, the wife is not so keen on Simon's rather splendid peppy exhaust note so we're going back to the original. Does anyone know if a standard K12 exhaust fits the Cube? </div>

Comments

• Welcome and good to see you've joined up.<div><br></div><div>Yes it's a standard K12 exhaust, I assume you're going to sell on the powerflow one? Typically I've only just bought one but there should be some interest.</div>
  • Hi intravenous
    If you wanna sell the exhaust let me know I am looking for one ,you can contact me on the Facebook group (jay smith) thanks
  • Hi Guys,<div>Once I get it swapped over, I'll post here & facebook. I'm based nr Stockport, Cheshire.</div><div><br></div><div>I'm sure you'll all shout "sacrilege" but we're putting it back to full height with standard springs so the lowered springs will be available too. </div><div><br></div><div>Also the range rover grille will be coming off for the standard grille. </div><div><br></div><div><br></div>
  • The <span style="font-family: 'lucida grande', 'Lucida Sans Unicode', tahoma, sans-serif; line-height: 18.200000762939453px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">powerflow exhaust is coming off this week so let me know if anyone is interested. </span><div><span style="font-family: 'lucida grande', 'Lucida Sans Unicode', tahoma, sans-serif; line-height: 18.200000762939453px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"><br></span></div><div><span style="font-family: 'lucida grande', 'Lucida Sans Unicode', tahoma, sans-serif; line-height: 18.200000762939453px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">Also the springs are being swapped. </span></div>
  • I'm interested in the exhaust
  • I'll let you know later this week, my mechanic is struggling to find the standard exhaust at the moment!
  • Struggling to get a Micra exhaust? You can get them anywhere, even Ebay.
  • edited June 2014
    Very doubt full unless your on sealand inthe English channel. I recon even a good local corner shop would get . In the worst case quik fit / halford / bank loan. exhaust unlimited . Unipart any factors your good mechanical man uses will supply if not like pm says ebay by the ton. Two types sleve or bolt together . Like below
  • Don't be frightened by the cube - apart from bodywork and interior panels it's basically a clio and K12 micra combined apart from the odd mechanical part here and there to keep us guessing. 
  • All sorted, the wholesaler who supplies the mechanic was working off a computer that said no. The std Micra fit is on now with a round back box.<div><br></div><div>The stainless <span style="font-family: 'lucida grande', 'Lucida Sans Unicode', tahoma, sans-serif; line-height: 18.200000762939453px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">Powerflow </span>one is now available - I'm in Stockport if that's good for you Pinion. </div>
  • Sup..
    Pm'ed yer bout springs and pipe..
  • I'm keen on the springs too, could also trade you my standard ones as I can have the car off the road for a bit if needed<br>
  • I think I may be doing something wrong as can't see messages in my inbox.<div><br></div><div>To keep things fair, I've messaged Pinion as he was first but asked if he wants to go ahead to let me know by Sunday. I'll also PM Cubedude & Georg with prices, Cubedude will get first pick by Monday and Cube dude by Tuesday - otherwise they go on ebay - is that fair? </div>
  • Sound fair , have sent you a msg , did you get it ?
  • Sounds great. I'm only interested in the springs as the exhaust will not fit my cubic which is a shame
  • George about exhaust all you need is a small adapter /joiner to make the length differents which i would say you can find like here http://exhaustpartsuk.com/
  • It looks like Pinion is going for the exhaust & Georg is taking the springs. Thanks for the interest chaps. 
  • awesome, can you ping me a price, georgfinch@gmail.com<br>