So after taking my steering wheel (and airbag) off, then re fitting it my airbag light was blinking, after searching the web I found this guide of how to stop it blinking, taken from nissan xterra forum. Thought it might be helpful for some of you to see this.
Nissan is dumb for doing this. If you unplug the pass airbag indicator, it detects a fault. All Nissans are like this.
Here's the reset.
1. Turn the key from off to on.
2. Watch the airbag light closely. It will stay on for a few secs. and then as soon as it blinks off (the start of the flashing), turn the key off instantly.
3. Count to 5 (1 Mississippi, 2 Mississippi . . . .)
4. Repeat steps 1-3 two more times until you have done the cycle three times.
5. Now turn the key on and watch the light. It will start blinking in a different, slower manner. This is diagnostic mode. You can watch this for a little while, no hurry.
6. Now turn the key off again, Count to 5 like in step 3 again, and turn back on. If the procedure worked, the airbag light will not be flashing.