Front Wheel Bearing Replacement

Hello Cubists,<div><br></div><div>I am just about to replace a front wheel bearing on my 03 Cube and could have sworn there was a How To guide on here.</div><div><br></div><div>Does anybody have any experience of doing this themselves?</div><div><br></div><div>Many Thanks,</div><div><br></div><div>TC</div>

Comments

• edited April 2013
    <span style="font-weight: normal; font-style: normal;">Thanks Tazbert but that thread is for the </span><i><b>rear </b></i>wheel bearing (which I changed a couple of months ago).<div style="font-weight: normal; font-style: normal;"><br></div><div><span style="font-weight: normal; font-style: normal;">Am looking to do the </span><i><b>front </b></i>one but am wondering if I am going to have to remove the steering knuckle and press it out or whether it is possible to use a puller in situ.</div>
  • Remove hub and press out
  • Oooops. My bad TeeCee.  #-o
  • Done mine about three weeks ago easy . Remove hub . Press out wheel flage remove c clip in hub. Press out bearing . Clean re assemble jd .
  • He heh - no probs Tazbert!  :D <div><br></div><div>Thanks Stevo & toaster - thought that might be the case and I am guessing I am going to need some serious tonnage to press it out. Gone are the days of pressing wheelbearings out in a vice... *sigh*</div><div><br></div><div>It will have to wait for a while anyway, Cube is paralyzed with an electrical fault at the moment which I think could be the alternator stopping the engine from starting.. :(</div>