Japfest2 - 07.07.13 - Donington Park - £13 ****MEETING POINT DETAILS ADDED ***

edited June 2013 in Events and Meets
Japfest2 tickets / payments deadline 02.06.13

We haven't attended Japfest2 as a club before but the interest is building following the success of Japfest last weekend and the location is ideal for those travelling from all over the country. I attended last year and it's just as good a show as japfest1, has good track action - with a separate mini circuit for drift displays - and the site is much better to walk around as its adjacent to the circuit rather than around it.

It's a good chance to see in the metal the silly things we do to our cars and catch up with the faces behind the monitors and shake hands with the hands that type ramblings such as this.

Of course there'll be photo opportunities aplenty and the cube club usually gets picked out my automotive media sites across the world due to the oddballality of our square things so a chance for 15 seconds of fame across the interwebz.

I've sold out of the existing club stickers but as a few of us were discussing at the weekend I thought I'd get some stickers in a different colour-way made up with JF2-2013 text on for an extra £1.50.

Japfest takes place at Donington Park Circuit on Sunday 7th July 2013.

If you don't know what Japfest2 is then see here - www.japfest2.co.uk

The tickets work differently to Japfest, they cost £13 per person (adult - under 14s are free) rather than per car.

We've got lists of interested people elsewhere but it's time to dig into your virtual pockets and pay up. (Please :oD )

Deadline for me paying the organisers is 09.06.13 but I need to fill a form in and post and make payment in bulk so I need to get payments by 03.06.13 to avoid any last minute stuck in the post / Royal Mail strike issues!

PayPal is the easiest but if you send money via PayPal please ensure it's sent as a gift so I get the full amount!

My PayPal address is
philip
dot
egan
at
yahoo
dot
co
dot
uk

(Replace the dot with . and the at with @ to get my email address - I've typed it like that to avoid spam - I get enough junk from Christian dating sites as it is!)

When sending your payment include your Facebook name and / or forum username so I can work out who is who.

Please PM me through the forum or add me as a Facebook friend and message me through Facebook so I can give you my bank details if you'd rather do a bank transfer or send one of those old skool cheque thingies.

We'll meet up before the show to give out passes and ride together in convoy - this WILL be early! (But not quite as early as JF)

I think that's everything, I'll build a list of payees as money rolls in. So we can see names on the forum and Facebook.

If any of you book accommodation for the Saturday or Sunday night then post here where you're staying if you want to make that a social too although it's unlikely I'll stay over.

To sum up costs -

£13 per person + £1.50 sticker =

£14.50 for just a driver.
£27.50 for driver, 1 passenger (over 14 years old) + 1 sticker.

£40.50 for driver, 2 passengers (over 14 years old) + 1 sticker.

No worries if you don't want a sticker, it's just so I know in advance the quantity to get made up.

Think that's everything, any questions post away.

Cheers
Phil

Comments

• Interested but not certain as its the day after my 30th birthday!
  • Yep I'm going :)
  • edited March 2013
    Coolio <div><br></div><div>Interested </div><div>1. CUBED </div><div>2. Paul Male </div><div>3. Steven Richardson </div><div>4. Paul Trevor</div><div>5. Terry Hill</div><div><br></div><div>Possible </div><div>1. Hillandsky </div><div>2. Liam Carroll</div>
  • Hi,

Never really been to one before but I'm tempted to go to this. Is there a big diff between this and the Bristol one? Also, can you buy cubes there? (Sorry if that's a dumb question?!)

Thanks

Tim
  • Unless you already know one of the members of the forum are going and selling then I doubt you'll find one for sale but you never know. As for differences between events I expect donington to be a bit smaller but should think a lot of trade and exhibitors will travel to both.
  • Im in for this now
  • I don't see why Donnignton would be smaller, the venue itself is bigger than Castle Combe. It's a better track as well I think.
  • Good news Liam.

Think it's just smaller as Japfest has been going longer and numbers tend to increase year on year.

I don't know of any cubes for sale at the show but you never know if any members or traders have any for sale at the time they may come along if there's a chance they may get a sale.

• When will we be sorting tickets etc. for this? just wondering as thinking I might have a few extra in the car and as it's not a one ticket per car as with Japfest I'm wondering how soon I need to get them to commit!
  • edited April 2013
    Oh and does anyone know how the individual 20 minute sessions on track time work......<div><br></div><div>I'm thinking having a whole fleet of cubes roll round together would be a sight to behold and for £25 each could worth a laugh! Could the club take x number of the slots at the same time to block out a 20 minute session on the track as I can't see most other marques wanting the taoster brigade slowing down proceedings.</div><div><br></div><div>I'd just have to work out what to do with my 2 year old whilst out there as I don't think they'd accept his child seat as a track approved 5 point harness!!!</div><div><br></div><div>*edit* Actually having just read all the rules it might be a bit more to organise than the comedy value it produces as I and I'm sure many others don't own a Helmet for a start.... *edit*</div>
  • Yep sounds good I'm in a lot closer than Castle Combe for me!
  • Can I be a possible please :)
  • After Japfest next Saturday I'll look to start getting payments for Japfest 2 so just bringing this back to people's attention.

Cheers
    Phil
  • Put me down as a possible. I'm off that week, so I can probably do this.
  • I'll be coordinating numbers of tickets for those joining me as there may be folks going with their respective owners clubs and not me but at present Me and mini me are go for launch. 
  • <P>Is it still possible to join the cube club at Japfest? I shall up load the pics after work of my Cube after alot of work. If possible, how much for the tickets?</P>
    <P> </P>
    <P>Many Thanks</P>
  • Put me down if still possible to do so.
  • Im in ... :!!
  • Interested
    1. CUBED
    2. Paul Male
    3. Steven Richardson
    4. Paul Trevor
    5. Terry Hill
    6. Liam Carroll
    7. Simon

Possible
    1. Hillandsky
    2. Jules
  • I'm interested, how will tickets for passengers work? Will they pay on the gate or would I need to book extra tickets in advance?
  • I'm going
  • edited May 2013
    George the advance price is £13 per person or £18 on the gate so to get the advance price I need payment of £13 per adult and the car pass is free with at least one paying adult.

E.g 1 car with 2 adults is £26 and JF will send two tickets for the people and a pass for the car dashboard.

Interested
    1. CUBED
    2. Paul Male
    3. Steven Richardson
    4. Paul Trevor
    5. Terry Hill
    6. Liam Carroll
    7. Simon
    8. Pinion
    9. Holly Jones
    10. Mark Seebeck
    11. Louise Dickson
    12. Terry Hill
    13. Hannah Rose Lammiman
    14. Hillandsky

Possible
    1. Jules
    2. Cath Newman Rogers
  • Phil, as facebook post, can move me up to interested.
  • Cool. Cheers
  • Thanks cubed, I'll go on the interested list please
  • Thought I'd drop a note here as well as the face book page but the date for the event is wrong over there....
  • Oh go on then put me down with 1 passenger, Cheers
  • edited May 2013
    <p>Cheers all. </p><p>Can we beat Japfest 1 attendance?</p><p>Interested
    1. CUBED
    2. Paul Male
    3. Steven Richardson
    4. Paul Trevor
    5. Terry Hill
    6. Liam Carroll
    7. Simon
    8. Pinion
    9. Holly Jones
    10. Mark Seebeck
    11. Louise Dickson
    12. Austin Mac
    13. Hannah Rose Lammiman
    14. Hillandsky

Possible
    1. Jules
    2. Cath Newman Rogers</p>
  • I've posted on FB too. Can you put me down for one + one? <div>Or is it too late<div><br></div><div><br></div></div>
  • edited May 2013
    Phill, please can you put me down for interested / maybe for me + one passenger. Thanks