Bromley Car Show - 09/06/13

edited June 2013 in Events and Meets
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2" style="font-size: 10pt;">Hi all,</font><div style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;"><br></div><div style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;">I need to get a idea of numbers for the Bromley Car Show in June as I<span style="font-size: 10pt;"> want to get us booked in over the next few weeks.</span></div><div style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;"><span style="font-size: 10pt;"><br></span></div><div style="font-size: 10pt;"><span style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;">For everyone who doesnt know about the Show, here is the website: </span><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><a href="http://www.bromleypageant.co.uk/">http://www.bromleypageant.co.uk/</a> It's been going years and the turn out is still very good, lots of different cars spread over 2 fields, family friendly, with some rides and market stalls.</font></div><div style="font-size: 10pt;"><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div style="font-size: 10pt;"><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Date: </font><span style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: small;">Sunday 9th June</span></div><div style="font-size: 10pt;"><span style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: small;">Location: Norman Park, Bromley (South London)</span></div><div style="font-size: 10pt;"><span style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: small;">Cost: £5 per car (plus 1 passenger) </span></div><div style="font-size: 10pt;"><span style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: small;"><br></span></div><div style="font-size: 10pt;"><span style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: small;">Last year 3 of us attended and the Cube's got a fair bit of attention! So it would be great to get 5 or 6 of us there this year. Reply or send me a PM if you are interested in going!</span></div><div style="font-size: 10pt;"><span style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: small;"><br></span></div><div style="font-size: 10pt;"><span style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: small;">Cheers,</span></div><div><font size="2">John</font></div>

Comments

• In there like swimwear!<div><br></div><div>Cubes got a fair bit of attention last year, so be nice to have a few more in attendance. :)</div>
  • Like the Jackson 5 once said
    I'll be there %-(
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Ah why not, its only about 30 odd miles away for me and gives me an excuse to give mine a real thorough clean!  As mine is the rare neo aero kit version also gives some diversity in the ranks!  </font>
  • Excellent! I'll get this booked for a 6 car slot so it leaves 2 free spaces.<div><br></div><div>1. HillandSky</div><div>2. Tazbert</div><div>3. Pinion</div><div>4. Thor</div><div><br></div><div>Any more takers? Cheap day out!</div>
  • C'mon south eastern Cubers! We can get a couple more, surely??<div><br></div><div>Just think of the look on the faces of whatever classic car club they plonk us opposite when they see our little sheddy toasters rock up. :)</div>
  • We will come along in our Gen3<br>
  • edited March 2013
    <div>Nice one! </div><div><br></div><div>1. HillandSky</div><div>2. Tazbert</div><div>3. Pinion</div><div>4. Thor</div><div>5. paul_f</div>
  • Hi all, <div><br></div><div>I'm booking this now, £5 includes driver and one passenger. Other adults and children are extra.</div><div><br></div><div>Adult £11</div><div>Child (5-15yrs) £5.00</div><div>Senior Citizen £8.00</div><div>Family £26.50</div><div><br></div><div>Please could you let me know if you require additional tickets asap.</div>
  • Just the one for me mate. Let me know when you've sorted and I'll pop the money round.
  • No problem, think we need a little pre Japfest catch up anyway now thats its warmer and daylight in the evenings.
  • Just the one for me too let me know when you need the money and I will PayPal it across to you thanks
  • so its £5 for the car, driver and a passenger? If so count me in please! :D
  • Time for an update now Japfest is out of the way! I need to start taking payment for the tickets as they have been booked. For everyone who still wants to attend Please could you send £5 (as a gift) via paypal to the following address:<div><br></div><div>hillandsky at icloud dot com</div><div><br></div><div>I have booked 2 slots of 3 cars and up till May we had 6 people confirmed. We are now upto 7.. which is a problem. So can everyone please confirm that they are still attending because I will give them a ring and see if I can book another 3 car slot, but Im not sure there will be any left at this late stage. This list is as follows:</div><div><br></div><div>1. HillandSky</div><div>2. Tazbert</div><div>3. Pinion</div><div>4. Thor</div><div>5. paul_f</div><div>6. Toaster</div><div>7. Desi_Cube</div><div><br></div><div>Of course if there are 2 other people who want to come, even better!</div>
  • I'm sure you can squeeze in tight. :)
  • I'm deffo still in mate. Will PP the money over when I get a sec....
  • <p>payment sent </p><p> </p>
  • edited May 2013
    <div style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: baseline;">1. HillandSky</div><div style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: baseline;">2. Tazbert</div><div style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: baseline;">3. Pinion = PAID</div><div style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: baseline;">4. Thor</div><div style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: baseline;">5. paul_f</div><div style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: baseline;">6. Toaster</div><div style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: baseline;">7. Desi_Cub<span style="font-family: 'lucida grande', 'Lucida Sans Unicode', tahoma, sans-serif; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: 18px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">e</span></div>
  • Payment sent! <br>
  • <div style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: baseline;">Thanks both</div><div style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: baseline;"><br></div><div style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: baseline;">1. HillandSky</div><div style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: baseline;">2. Tazbert = PAID</div><div style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: baseline;">3. Pinion = PAID</div><div style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: baseline;">4. Thor</div><div style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: baseline;">5. paul_f = PAID</div><div style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: baseline;">6. Toaster</div><div style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: baseline;">7. Desi_Cub<span style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: baseline;">e</span></div>
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">I sent off the 100 words and photo today. I had a call from the publishing company today and they have offered the Club a full page editorial about the Club and the Cube. The editor loves the Cube and had a good chat with him. The trouble is that its £275... between 7 of us thats £39. Which is a little expensive. So I think this is probably out of our budget. Shame we didnt get this exposure at Japfest hey!</font>
  • A strange offer if you have to pay for the editorial?! If he loves them that much he should do the editorial for free to help promote the show. :)
  • Yea, apparently they offer this to a few select clubs each year. The problem is with Bromley you get the Aston Martin clubs, Mx5 clubs, Skyline clubs that end up bringing about 10-20 cars each year, so for those clubs its nothing between them to be featured.
  • I am going to have to be a pain (and cry) but i wont be able to make this event as it is a little to close to the little one coming :)
  • No worries Jez! Will take plenty of photos for you. Hopefully see you at Japfest2!
  • <div style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: baseline;">1. HillandSky</div><div style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: baseline;">2. Tazbert = PAID</div><div style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: baseline;">3. Pinion = PAID</div><div style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: baseline;">4. Thor</div><div style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: baseline;">5. paul_f = PAID</div><div style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: baseline;">6. Toaster</div><div style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: baseline;"><br></div><div style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: baseline;">Just waiting on payment from Thor and Toaster now. Tickets should be arriving next week. So i'll get these posted out to everyone. Will post details on timings, location etc.. soon.</div><div style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: baseline;"><br></div>
  • Don't bother posting mine mate, I'll pop over and get 'em. Save the stamp!
  • <div style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: baseline;">1. HillandSky = PAID</div><div style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: baseline;">2. Tazbert = PAID</div><div style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: baseline;">3. Pinion = PAID</div><div style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: baseline;">4. Thor</div><div style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: baseline;">5. paul_f = PAID</div><div style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: baseline;"><br></div><div style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: baseline;">Toaster had to drop out so we have 1 space available if anyone is interested?</div><div style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: baseline;"><br></div><div style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: baseline;">Thor, can you let me know if your still planning on coming?</div>
  • Hi everyone,<div style="font-weight: normal;"><br></div><div style="font-weight: normal;">Tickets have arrived for the show. So I can post them out to you, Mainly just Paul and Pinion as I've had no response from Thor. I'll send PM's again.</div><div style="font-weight: normal;"><br></div><div style="font-weight: normal;">I will be posting you a window hanger (which gives entry to the car and driver) and 1 ticket for one passenger, if you are brining additional passengers you will have to pay for these on the gate.</div><div style="font-weight: normal;"><br></div><div style="font-weight: normal;">We need to be in before 9:30am. I should be there for 8-8:30 to avoid the rush.</div><div style="font-weight: normal;"><br></div><div>We have to use <b>Gate 1</b> which is on <b>Hayes Lane. </b>Address for SatNav's is:</div><div>Norman Park, Bromley, BR2 9EF</div><div><br></div><div>We dont have a bad spot, not as good as last year, but it could be worse. Fingers crossed for the weather!</div><div><br></div><div>Any questions drop me a PM or my number is: 07849204612.</div><div><br></div><div>If anyone else wants to come its not too late!!</div><div><br></div><div>John</div><div><br></div><div><br></div><div><br></div><div><br></div>
  • Last call for anyone else wanting to come!