Remote key

Hi , I have keyless entry/ start on my 2004 1.4 SX. I only got one remote key when I bought it and wandered whether I can get an additional remote and where I can get one programmed?

Many thanks

Comments

• Hey The Cube, im in the same Boat! I hang onto that key like my life depended on it!

Can anyone help?
  • We have a 54 plate micra too with the same keyless ignition/entry, but the keys are slightly different. Do you think a micro fob could be programmed for the cube. I'm not worried about thebkey working, just want a spare fob. I will try and upload pictures. Help!!!
  • I have the same worries too.

Lots of people have already asked about spare keys. I'm not sure if anyone has been successful though, have a search through the forum via Google :) http://www.google.co.uk/search?ie=UTF-8&q=site:http://forum.cubeownersclub.co.uk/+new+key
  • NashTK421, I know! I'd hate to think how much a complete system would cost from Nissan..I'd feel much better if I could get another fob. Gonna pop to my local dealer tomorrow an see if they can help. I don't hold out much hope.
    Monster monster, thanks for the tip.

Cheers.
  • Update: just got back from my local main dealer who have ordered in a fob ( no actual key) from Japan for £116 Inc Vat and when it arrives in 2-4 weeks I have to book the car in and they will programme it for approx £35. At least I will have a spare keyless entry/ignition fob! Result.
  • Wow, what a result from a main stealer!!! I mean dealer! I might actully go and see mine and if they say they cantdo it, I can say well that's bullshit! £116 and £35, that's pretty reasonable and well worth the peace of mind! Nice one, keep us updated and worst case who your dealer is.
  • Hi,

Could you tell me which dealer you went to? I went to my local one and they said it wasn't impossible to make another key without knowing the NATS code for the car.

Thanks
  • Update: I booked my car in at 3.30 this afternoon at my local dealership. At 3.45 I was on my way home with a new fully coded keyless entry fob. The coding cost me £26.50 with the VAT and the fob was £116. Result!! Thank you Fish Brothers Swindon. Excellent service.

All I need to do now is grind down a pattern key to match the original one and it should fit snug into the key fob.
  • Nice one The Cube, thats a great result and im only in Bristol so well worth a trip to swindon to get this done! I cant beleive the price as well, thats a bargain! This will help alot of single key Cube owners!
  • Yay! This is good news!

I'm moving this into the Knowledge Base & Guides section
  • Hi, just thought I'd put up a before and after photo of the key that I had butchered, I mean carefully constructed, for my key fob. I had a pattern key and drew around the original with a permenant marker and took it to my local locksmith who cut it to shape. It now fits and locks into position nicely. Job done!
  • That should work this time!

[attachment=12632,229] [attachment=12632,230]
  • Hi All,<div><br></div><div>I just wanted to report back that Fish Brothers in Swindon are now claiming that they are unable to source/programme replacement transponders.  It was all looking promising when they requested chassis number etc, but they then said that they couldn't help.</div><div><br></div><div>I have also tried Wilsons in Epsom who reported the same.</div><div><br></div><div>If anyone knows how I can get an additional key/transponder, please let me know.</div><div><br></div><div>Thanks,</div><div>Stu</div>
  • Try,Ricky at AutoLock tel-07966 297378. Was the only company i could find to do my toyota Will Vi remote key, and he managed to get me an original Key only made for the Toyota Will from japan . No cne else wanted to know, even main dealer, or jemca.
  • Thanks Lee.
  • CID will be hopefully doing keys and remotes soon give him a post
  • Thanks Paul, will do.<div><br></div><div>Just to let you all know that Nissan UK have opened a 'case' for this and are currently exploring options to get this done too.  I'll let you know what comes of it.</div>
  • Hi All,<div><br></div><div>I just wanted to update to say that Nissan UK have come back to me and said this:</div><div><br></div><div>"<span style="font-family: 'Nissan AG Light'; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-size: 10pt;">I have confirmed with our technical team that any authorised</span><span style="font-family: 'Nissan AG Light'; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-size: 10pt;"> </span><span class="il" style="font-family: 'Nissan AG Light'; color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-size: 10pt; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 204);">Nissan</span><span style="font-family: 'Nissan AG Light'; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-size: 10pt;"> </span><span style="font-family: 'Nissan AG Light'; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-size: 10pt;">dealer can take the chassis number / VIN number and query this with our parts technical team in order to obtain the correct part number for the key to allow them to order a new one for you.</span><span style="font-family: 'Nissan AG Light'; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-size: 10pt;"> </span><span style="font-family: 'Nissan AG Light'; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-size: 10pt;"> </span></div><p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt; color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: arial, sans-serif; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"><span style="font-family: 'Nissan AG Light';"><u></u> <u></u></span></p><div><span style="font-family: 'Nissan AG Light'; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-size: 10pt;">With regards to the immobiliser this is something that we are not going to be able to help you with and I am sorry to disappoint you, this is because your vehicle is 10 years old with a specification that was never sold in</span><span style="font-family: 'Nissan AG Light'; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-size: 10pt;"> </span><u style="font-family: 'Nissan AG Light'; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-size: 10pt;"></u><u style="font-family: 'Nissan AG Light'; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-size: 10pt;"></u><span style="font-family: 'Nissan AG Light'; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-size: 10pt;">Europe</span><u style="font-family: 'Nissan AG Light'; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-size: 10pt;"></u><span style="font-family: 'Nissan AG Light'; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-size: 10pt;"> </span><span style="font-family: 'Nissan AG Light'; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-size: 10pt;">consequently all of our service manuals, diagnostic tools are not designed for this car.</span>"</div><div><br></div><div>They said that the new key would operate the keyless ignition, but I don't think that is right without it being programmed to the car.  Also, do Gen2 cars have immobilisers?  Certainly I can start and run mine using a plain metal key with the key fob nowhere near.  </div><div><br></div><div>So, this looks like a dead end.  Fingers crossed CID start the service.</div><div><br></div><div>Cheers,</div><div>Stu</div>
  • <p>Our Nissan Consult III diagnostic kit has now arrived - but getting it to work is easier said than done!</p><p>Only Gen 2, revision 2 2005> have factory fit immobilisers.</p><p>For earlier cars, I am sure there is a sequence you can follow to programme the intelligent key without diagnostic kit.</p><p>I have ordered some blank keys from Japan - but these are the immobiliser newer type 2005></p><p>Watch this space - update soon!</p>
  • Thanks for that.  I've seen online all sorts of sequences for ignition, button presses etc.  I'll do some more digging.<div><br></div><div>Cheers,</div><div>Stu</div>
  • <p>KEYS WILL BE PROGRAMMED AT JAPFEST !!!!!</p><p>We have just ordered diagnostic kit which will allow programming of new inteligent keys and plan to offer this service at Japfest.</p><p>We have ordered some new style 2005> intelligent keys for stock and we are just about to order some old style.</p><p>Trying to get an idea of numbers we need to order - so if interested please PM or call on 07770 870170</p><p>WE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO CUT KEY BLANKS AT JAPFEST </p><p>This will be down to customer arranging at a good local locksmith who will be able to cut to their original blade.</p><p>COST - Its going to be circa £150 per key supplied and programmed.</p>
  • Hi,<div><br></div><div>Not going to Japfest, sadly.</div><div><br></div><div>Are Nissan the only source of keys-only?  They quoted me £125 for the part only - ie. would have to then get it linked to my car (Gen 2 Rev 1) for the intelligent key to work..</div>
  • <p>It appears that although there are many Chinese copies available for very similar keys - 3 button US spec and even Euro models, we have been unable to find any non-genuine keys.</p><p>Therefore, at the moment its genuine keys only.</p><p>We have been told that the newer style key works with the older car. We will report soon.</p><p>The cost of around £150 includes the key and programming to your car. It also includes the blade part of the key but does not include cutting this blade.</p><p>From memory a used key can also be programmed to a new car - so this might offer a bit more of a cost effective solution if we can get a few used keys!</p>
  • Thanks very much for that.<div><br></div><div>Cheers,</div><div>Stu</div>
  • Dont know if this helps, but on my receipt for the key fob supplied by Fish Brother Swindon the Part no is N285E3AX025 with the description reading N/STK SWITCH ASSY-SM
  • I need to sort this more than ever now, I will be handing my cube over to my wife when our baby is born! Would be nice to know we had a spare set at home if the worse happens.<div><br></div><div>Its a Gen 2 2006 with keyless entry, I have a spare fob and blade just need someone to programme and cut.</div><div><br></div><div>CID If I sent you my keyless entry fob and my Chassis details, could you programme the fob? If so what would the cost be?</div><div><br></div><div>Cheers all</div>
  • We need the actual car as the key is programmed via the diagnostic port.<div><br></div><div>Cost is £40 + VAT.</div><div><br></div><div>It is an intelligent key? </div><div><br></div><div>We have been unable to get any of the UK / US keys that you find on Ebay to program to the car despite them looking identical. Only been able to get genuine Japanese keys to program. Used keys program fine.</div>
  • I'm Bristol based, I can pop in with what I have?

What's your email, I can send a pic of the key that I have.