Misfire and low idle
  • Had a problem with my 1.4 Gen 2 which has been getting progressively worse. Idle will suddenly drop from normal (about 800) to about half that. Also seems to be missing and juddering on occasion then will suddenly jump back to full power, When experiencing the issue can hold the throttle when stationary at say 2000 revs and the revs will suddenly jump up to normal and then fall back again. Feels to me like it keeps dropping one cylinder?

Spark plugs were replaced only 6k miles ago so unlikely to be those. Garage have just kindly cleaned out my throttle body but not resolved the issue. Ignition coils feels like the next logical step? Any other suggestions?

If I do replace the coils some advice needed re sources parts etc and if this is something that a novice like me can easily do? Can I just replace one at a time until I find the dodgy one or should I do all at once?

Any advice appreciated! Thanks.
  • It also could be a injector. plugs .coil pack .cam sensor as well . Also cam advancer or even a wiring fault lets hope .how ever if you like just buy one coil pack and move it along each plug untill you find fault one .instead of buying four and not getting any cure to your fault .