Cube 2008 CVT - Shaking when braking
  • Hi,

I'm experiencing shaking in the footwell and steering wheel when braking at higher speeds - 70mph (110 kmph). Is this common with cubes? Mines under warranty so was thinking of taking it back if it doesn't clear up?

• Initially thought it might be rust on the discs as it's been in transit form Japan/sat on a forecourt. Another possibility is warped brake pads? 
  • Definitely brake discs. They may well be warped, or it could just be rust on them. If you do a few big stops and then visually check the front discs through the wheels, do they look fairly clean of rust? They're a service item so probably not covered under a traditional warranty as such, but if they gave you a car with nackered brakes, they should sort them for free. New discs are quite cheap anyway.
  • Thanks mn2sam,

I'll give the dealer a call, hopefully they can sort it as I've had it 2 weeks.

• Just make a point of saying that it's always been like it, but you hoped it might clear as it hadn't been driven in a while. I doubt they'll argue, especially if it's a bit disconcerting and a potential safety issue.
  • Just got off the phone to garage. He reckons it's discs or pads and wants me to bring it back in for inspection by the mechanic. Hopefully this should be covered in the warranty...

Thanks for you're feedback :)