Front Side Light Access & Radio Question
  • I found that my near side - side light was not working.

I ended up removing the metal support that holds the fuses in place, that in turn allowed me to move the coolant bottle, to allow me to get my chubby fingers near the back of the light fitting. (turned out to be a loose bulb)

Is this how it is done? or did I miss the obvious?

ALSO (not wanting to start too many threads) :?

I am not mechanically/car electrics minded.
    If I wanted to replace the posh Japanese DVD/SAT NAV unit with an English version - would it just be a case of swap over (with Micra Loom if needed) or would it need more complex wiring in than that?
    I have seen bits on here about how to access it, but worry about my total lack of mechanical/car electric's ability.

THANK YOU!!!
    :D
  • I haven't had to change a side light bulb yet so can't comment on that.

As for the radio, yep it's a straight swap, just need this micra adaptor...

Lost of other images that might help... (Not done a write-up but the pictures are in the sequence of what's needed)

[url:63ed1]http://s8.photobucket.com/albums/a10/philip_egan/cubed/stereochange/[/url:63ed1]
  • For removing the side lights,i found it to be straight forward,never removed anything lol...
    but it might be that your engine bay is different to our earlier cubes.

If you like, i can take a look when we meet up ? ;)

Also some good shots of changing the stereo Cubed :)

an idea for you for the ipod cable.... i run mine through the ash tray ! when not in use just roll it back in and shut the ash tray!
    just an idea ;)

rf
  • I have ordered a Pioneer AVIC-F700BT with iPod cable (that allows me to play films & music from iPod onto screen)

Under the stereo there is a cubby hole with a door, I was going to run it into there.

Following the interest in the wheel covers, is anybody interested in my Jap radio? or should I just bin?

I hope fitting this new radio is easy, or I will be looking for BIG help!
    (you have been warned)
    :)
  • Thats nice little stereo....
    my new head unit is next door...cant wait,but my neighbour is out and he is a taxi driver......so could be ALL night argggg :(

RF
  • i may be interested in the jap radio thing....... depends how many sheckles/goats youre after? :D
    Like you i only listen to radio 2 or CD`s and was thinking of changing mine anyway, could be cool as i drive with jap lingo agogo! :ugeek:
  • [quote="Eurobob":05f15]i may be interested in the jap radio thing....... depends how many sheckles/goats youre after? :D
    Like you i only listen to radio 2 or CD`s and was thinking of changing mine anyway, could be cool as i drive with jap lingo agogo! :ugeek:

How does cost of postage and the price of a bottle of cheap wine? X-D

I suspect the steel wheels are of no use to anybody, I will take them to tip at weekend.

Alloys look great great great great great!!!!!!!! n tinted windows!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Would love strobes, but worry about wiring! :(
  • OK, I have started installing the radio.

I have removed the old radio, but I seem to have more wires than expected!

Please see http://www.jasonlawford.com/cube/x_radio.html for details/photos.

What should I do with cable B?

I have had to order a PX667 from net, as the thing I got from Halfords was incorrect, and I can not find one locally.
    But I d not believe that is going to help me with Cable B.....

Any advice would be welcome 8-O
  • Afraid I only had the C & D cables in mine but it might be an extra power source or some speed / Diagnosis wires for the sat nav part of the unit?

As long as the new one works with just C & D plugged in through the adaptor you can just tape up A & B.

As a tip, when testing the new stereo it won't come on at all until you plug in the aerial cable too.
  • Sounds like a deal! i only do fine wine though! :D
    Looking to upgrade me speakers and ive noticed that a white plug with 4 wires on it hanging down past front passenger speaker grille, no idea what thats for!!!!!
  • Well ive just fitted our new dvd/cd blah blah player, i got my cables from A+M car hifi (lol) place in winton/wimbourne road!
    it said on packet 2000 onwards micra : ) but cost 12.99 :/ .

hope this helps you out ?

RF
  • [quote="Rickfury":35e9a]Well ive just fitted our new dvd/cd blah blah player, i got my cables from A+M car hifi (lol) place in winton/wimbourne road!
    it said on packet 2000 onwards micra : ) but cost 12.99 :/ .

by the time the stereo was delivered, I had no more time to work on it or find different cables.

I have ordered the micra cables on net (hopefully here for weekend (or I will be coming to winton))

I am sure it will be ok once I get them :P
  • i cant get my headlight bulbs out?? i wanna transplant my halogens out and some xenons in??? cannot work it out at all!
  • if yu need a gander at my xenonson me 05 youre more than welcome to have a look, or will try to have a poke about and get you some pics? :ugeek:
  • ********UPDATE********
    I can report that I now have a second ISO audio connector and it does not work.
    My plugs do not fit (can somebody who has done this before confirm if the plugs fit perfectly or you have to cut plug stoppers off, push hard and zipclip?)
    As far as I can tell the wires do not meet as they should, and the plugs do not sit.
    I am going to rewire tomorrow, without the use of the harness.
    I am wondering if my existing radio unit is as manufactured as there was an amount of insulation tape around wires, which makes me wonder if it was post fit?
    The car is ex-rental - so did they fit satnav?

WHO SAID THIS WAS EASY?
    :?
  • Hmm that's strange, although mine didn't have the nav unit it was simply plug and play with the cables I did have.

I'll check the packaging from my adaptor to see if there was a diagram on.
  • Well either your on a run of bad luck with the cables...or....your 55 Cube could be wired differently to our 03 versions(just a thought).
    As with Cubed,i just fitted ISO leads and the stereo fired up first time !

As for stripping back the iso leads,that may be your only answer,but not a good one.
    Maybe take photos' to help any other "later" Cube owner,like Eurobob ;)

RF
  • I've had the dash of my late 2002 Cube and the multiplug for the stereo is definately the same as a post 2000 Micra. Also same plugs in my 2005 model.

We got the Autoleads adaptor cable from local shop and it was a straight plug in.

Have you got a pic of your existing multi plug(s) ? it may help identify them just on the off chance that the wiring in yours is different ?
  • All sorted peeps!!!

I have butchered one of the new looms, and connected it to the cars innards.

At least the wire colours seem to be standard!!!!

All I can think of is that the SATNAV it had installed was fitted by the rental company, as there was bullet connectors between connector ends.

If I knew I was going to have to chop like this, I would have got it done earlier in week.

Sounds really good, the speakers sound more bassy with the new system.

And the chopping means that I have the original connectors for Eurobob if he still wants it.

Thanks for being here all, it has been fun (but I have had enough playing car for now)

Gonna give him a wash n polish tomorrow, then will do some new pics of my sexy little cube :D

Do people ever stop pointing at these cars as you drive around?

;)
  • Well done...sounds like a fun job

Glad you got it sorted and are happy with your new sounds :D

do people stop staring and pointing......NO of course they don't X-D

I've recently had a Jag S-type, Nissan Skyline and a Celica Cabriolet and none of them attract the sort of attention that the Cube does :)
  • Pointing lol....ive started to point back and smiling... lmao,they get a little embaressed hehehe !!
  • I've just bought a cube yesterday so today set about removing the original Japanese radio for a standard alpine one. But when I've removed the radio all I have is this (image attached).

Any ideas what I need to plug and play a standard stereo? Or do I need to start chopping wires? :(

image.jpg
    3264 x 2448 - 1M