Is it wise to do a gear box (4AT) oil change - at what mileage and which oil?
  • Can someone advise whehter it's a good idea to do a gear box oil change when everything appears to be running fine?

What's the normal mileage recommended for such a thing? And as I can't seem to find Nissan Matic J Fluid, what is a good alternative please?

Thanks so much
  • Hi I do mine every two years 60000 kms .just that's what I have done .I use http://www.carlube.co.uk/transmission-fluids/carlube-atf-u-automatic-transmission-fluid
    Done 239000 kms and still smooth hope this helps
  • That's a great help thank you.
    Did you use the forum guide on auto gearbox oil change (not CVT) or is there a better guide/advice thread. Thanks so much.
    Approx how many litres will I need?
    Thank you
  • My one is not cvt.it is a automatic with overdrive and has type j fluid it's a bit of a job but get car on stands or ramps and drain box and oil cooler which is the small pipes that go in the bottom of the cars rad
    Got my info from a moter factors
  • Thanks. Same as mine then. Approx how much fluid will I need do you think?
  • If all is well can be a gallon depends on how long you spend draining I bought 2 as I did not want to be short as I do my one on Sunday .and just buy a another one the next time I service. get car to temperature take out trans bung and pipes of cooller and just wait
  • Top up and run car on level ground .check by shifting in and out of gear .with hand brake on not to Shaw if you check in drive our neutral .if your not Shaw look at your dipstick first and top up to that level again and road test and check again for the next fue days
  • Hello together,

Don't mean to hijack the thread, but does anyone have similar / same info and experience for the CVT version?

Thanks in advance,

Best

• Hi yes on here somewhere cvt thread
  • there is a cvt thread on here and there is a guyide with photos on the website

www.nissancubeownersclub.com