Wheel Backspacing
  • Hi guys,

I'm now seriously looking at wheels and tyres for my Cube. I've seen 17" wheels go on them and look amazing, so that's what I'm thinking of. My car has been dropped quite low, I think it's about 50mm lower than standard, but I'd still like to put 17s on it if I can. What backspacing do I need to avoid fouling the arches and potentially shocks? I believe I'm just on lowering springs, so no massive coilovers to avoid.

Thanks in advance!
  • Gen 2 or gen 3? 

I believe on the gen 3 you can go to about 7.5J on the stock offset and still stay clear of fouling but there is loads of fitment advice over on the facebook group.
  • Good advice, but I've got a gen 2! It's already got aftermarket wheels on but they're too small. I've never put wheels on a car before, so I'm not quite sure what will work.
  • to be honest try willtheyfit.com enter what you have and what you want and the little calculator does the rest. translate the numbers given onto your existing wheel to see where if any clahes will occur. One of my favourite wheels on the gen 2 is the mini cooper wheel but the centre bores need machining out to the right size.