Where to purchase parts online
  • Hello everyone. I am new here and haven't read through very many threads. Forgive me if this has been discussed already. I am in the Bahamas, Abaco Island.
    I have a 2005 Cubic which I purchased from Japan. Service parts are readily available in the Bahamas, however I had an issue last month with low oil pressure. I realized that the oil pick up was badly clogged and it had caused damage to the #3 con-rod bearing and excessive wear to main bearings 3 & 4.  A company on New Providence (Nassau, our capital) ordered a set of main bearing for me. Three sets were delivered. the box indicates the part as: Nissan # 12207 41B12; on the bearing it's: Nissan # 12223 41B10 STD A17X

I have been online attempting to purchase the main crankshaft bearings.
     Does anyone here know where I can purchase the main bearings for the CR14 (DE) engine? 
  • I personally would change the engine as what else has been starved of oil you get a engine cheaper than rebuilding your old lump .in the UK we would have no problem get over size big end and mains
    I guess you had to get the crank ground ?
  •  The crank is not damaged. The bearing shows signs of wear. the engine was turned off when the oil light came on. 
    Our import tax is high, it would be better for me to purchase another car from Japan. That may be my best option. Still would like to fix the engine. Really like the car. 

• the engine is the same as a K12 Micra of the same size so it may be that whatever they call the micra in the bahamas is more easily accessible than having to get the parts from Japan. You should be able to get something that shares an engine with the cube in the bahamas, the micra is also know as the march in some markets.
  • Thank you.
     The Micra, March, Note and Cubic are all here. There are several of each vehicle [mostly the Cube] that in need of the bearings. In total I know of 15 cars that need the bearings. Our authorized distributor Nissan parts supplier (Sanpin Motors) was to have them in stock over a month ago. They are not sure when they will have them in stock. 
  • Why 15 car need bearing seams a lot of engine troubles out their no one checking oil
  • lol. I guess not.  

I still don't understand the pickup getting clogged with the engine in use.

• It can be wrong oil grade for the climate. Or the engine has had work done and fragments of old gaskets or lack of service is always a good possibilities