p1722 & p1778 fault codes help please
  • Hi all,

My mother's 2010 plate cube has thrown the EML light on.
    Had it plugged in and it returned this:

P1722 veichle speed maloperation
    P1778 stepper motor maloperation

Had a quick look around the net and not really found an answer, the garage said it's a new gearbox at best!!

Hope someone in the know can help my very worried mum out with some info.

It's a sept 2010 1.6cc auto model.

Many thanks
  • http://www.autocodes.com/uploads/nissan/NTB11-043.pdf
    The P1778 code is for the CVT Step Motor. As far as I know the only solution is to replace the step motor inside the transmission, in rare occasions the problem could be the Transmission Control Module (TCM)
    HOW EVER DO SOME HOME WORK AS NISSAN HAVE A BIG PROBLEM WITH CVTS I THOUGH THEY OFFER A 100000 MILES TEN YEAR ON THEM ???????

• Thanks for the reply, from a Google search it pops lots of "faulty cvt" etc etc.

Wouldn't hurt to call Nissan then to see what they have to offer.

Regards

Mark
  • Just a quick update....

Rang the local dealer and Nissan UK....

Went through what has happened and had a enquiry as if there was anything in place to sort the issue or if there was a contribution scheme, both told me the same, unless the car went to a dealer they couldn't tell me if there was any type of warranty in place?? Even though I had the print out with the fault codes they could offer nothing in the way of help(info), basically they wanted £100 to tell me what I already know and then say yes or no they can help....jokers......
  • How did you get on qed 296
  • Is it a proper UK car seeing as it's a Gen3, not an imported one? If so that is terrible service from Nissan. I've been disappointed with how they treat me with my imported Gen2, but if it's a UK car that's terrible.

I've had success in the past doing things like posting on their Facebook page as they don't like the negative PR. Just a very simple "my car has this problem. You know there is a problem with the CVT box. I shouldn't have to pay £100 to find out if there is a warranty in place or not".

Good luck with it though. Such a shame to put a downer on cool car ownership :-(