Insurance quote prices
  • Hello,

I don't know whether this question has been asked before.
    I am looking a a Gen2 cube, what prices would be typical for insurance, are there any other cars with similar gradings? It looks like there isn't official insurance groupings for these cars, so it makes it more difficult to figure this out.
  • Hard to say without knowing your age and insurance history. Being an import you'd expect higher quotes but actually they aren't that bad at all when it comes to it. most seem to find quotes in the 3-500 a year range but some are way lower and as with any car if your a newer driver you'll be in for more than the car costs to buy!
  • Hi I pay 230 but I been driving for 35 Years with good historical Luke TH said 3/500 is a good price
  • I pay £400 for 10,000 miles fully comp. I'm 32, no points or claims, and it's parked in a secure compound all day (which made it a lot lower) and on the drive at night. Quite expensive really, considering for the same age Micra I would only pay £260 :-(
  • We pay £560 fully comp for a 2004 Cubic. 1 year no claims.  Our 2010 Fiat 500 is only £150 with 5 year no claims.
  • I'm looking at £850 for myself, a 23 year old with 4 years no claims bonus, no points and no accidents. I personally think it is extortionate given I'm only paying £600 for my Suzuki Ignis Sport which is a much more powerful car.
  • Mine is 220? 30 yo, 12 yrs ncb, mods declared!
  • I've just been quoted a renewal price by 1st Central of £1075 for fully comp on my kaizan cube 2010.

Admittedly it was a poor year for me driving wise. Had a minor accident, where neither party could be proved liable, so lost my no claims bonus.

And picked up an SP30 which put 4 points in my licence.

I'm 62 and prior to this year had no driving offences or convictions but of course none of that gets taken into consideration.

Anybody recommend any decent insurance companies, are there limited mileage option policies, that anyone knows of?
  • I am with direct line they do low miles I had my renewy came in and had double I Phoned and said I leven.so they dropped to less than I pay now .
  • Thanks toaster, I'll get Direct Line to give me a quote.
  • Just renewed my car insurance with Direct Line, £624 Fully Comp and with breakdown cover.

Considering I was quoted £1100 with my current insurers, 1st Central, feels like I got a result.

Thanks for that,toaster<(:-)>
  • Good thanks enjoy the drive
  • Actually, when you think of the difference in price, it's quite disgraceful what some insurance companies charge and try and get away with!

How can there be such a disparity?