Help need an engine conversion for my 2003 Cube - please advise
  • Hi,

I need to change over the engine in my cube (1.4 - automatic).  Do the Nissan Micra engines fit the Cube.  

If anyone has changed over their cube original engine to a Micra please can you contact me.  

I need to resusitate my beloved Cube.

Cubist50
  • I've not done it, but it is the same engine so presumably should be a straight physical swap. Hopefully you can keep your ECU and electronics, as I assume swapping all of that over will require recoding of keys etc.
  • Yes it can be done, search this forum as someone has done it ..............
  • Yes it's quite straightforward, practically speaking. You just need to source a cr14de engine, they are fairly easy to come across and are fairly cheap. I bought my last one for 280 quid with 18k miles.
    I assume you just want to change the main block itself. All your original ancillaries from your old engine will fit straight on. All your sensors, top end will switch straight over to the new block. The only thing to look out for is the crank pulley (if it comes with your new engine) cubes use 4 groove belt and pulleys, whilst micras use 5 groove (or vice versa, apologies, been a while)
    and I would advise making note of the sensors you take off your original engine. There are sometimes slight variants, but are interchange.