Transmission Issue (I think)
  • Hello all,

I'm new here. Just got a 2004 Cube Cubic 1.4 Auto.

Having what I think is a problem with the transmission when driving with the overdrive enabled. If I am driving at highway speed then slow down and accelerate again, it seems like the trans starts shifting in and out of overdrive. Kinda feels like trying to accelerate in too high a gear. When this happens the revs bounce up and down from about 1500-2000rpm. If I give it a bit more gas it downshifts and sorts it out until I slow down again.

In the mean time, I just turn off O/D when I slow down and only turn it on when I need a higher gear.

Anyone have experience with this problem and can offer some advice? Could it be something other than the transmission?

Thanks
  • nasaw
    when your driven around the od light needs to be out as this alows the auto to use all gears .when light is on it will only chance to third . thus uses mor fuel and stuff .as for your prob if you doing 70 and you add mor gas it should up rev abot 250revs a lit mor gas then it will add bout 750 .
    hi
  • Hi all new here too ( a shame I'm joining with a problem ) anyway just driven home from picking up my 2004 cube rider and it's doing the same as above but the other way around, I thought I was imagining it at first.
    Does it with overdrive light off
    Doesn't with overdrive on ....so far.....
    Any help would be greatly appreciated as it looks like i will have to take another 100 journey back to the trader I got it from
    Regards j
  • HI cube key .The auto box has 5 speeds with light off it will change through all . Let's say your doing 70 the box will be in 5 now if box sees that it to higher gear it will drop down to 4 which is about 250 rpm which is normal .then once it happy with speed it will go back in 5 if your in a hurry and at 70 and you put your foot really down hard it will drop into 3rd and revs will sor to about 4000 rpm .hope I have helped