How to do spark plugs Z11 Gen 2
  • I searched all over and found very little info, Inc it takes 4hrs to do lol!! took me 25 mins and easy to do, just a few bolts and electric plugs to disconnect.

This is my first ever "How too" so forgive any errors in posting

1. What you start with.

2 unbolt the bolts around edge of cover, think they are 10mm, a couple at the rear are tucked away but easy to get to.

3. Unplug the electrical connections

4. Once unplugged lift off the top cover complete with air filter, no need to remove this first, just off as one unit.

5. Photo of what under the cover, i.e the throttle body, put this aside safe and away from dust dirt etc

6. Now you just need to remove the plastic still hiding the coil packs

7. And here we are starting to look normal now.

8. Now simply unplug and remove coil pack, to be safe I'd say do one at a time, be careful when unplugging as the plastic can be brittle due to heat.

9. removed coil pack, plugs are deep down there. but easy removed with slim plug socket and extention.

10. Plugs out, see the difference, a much bigger gap, lets hope this improves my mile per gallon.

11. Putting together is a simple reversal of job, no manifold gasket required as its a durable rubber unit.

Hope this helps somebody some time, it really is a easy job whe nyou see whats what.
  • Great post thanks for that
  • Excellent post thanks for taking the time and effort!