Smartkey fob and replacement key for Nissan cube3 -2004 please help!
  • Hello guys,

Does anyone know how can I get a replacement key for my car? I have the original fob with one key but I need a spare one. The dealer in UK said they will need the code from the importers but the importers don't have the code. Any ideas?

Thanks
  • The key can be programmed to the car through the obd2 port I believe and I don't thiunk a code is needed as it done with the car there (they can't just post you one!) so you'll need to take it all to the people who will be doing it. I believe the bigger cube importers can do it and "some" nissan dealer can do it as well if they are willing to look at it but as it's an import what some dealers are or aren't willing to do varies wildly. I am fairly sure CID in bristol can do it as well as who ever the guys are in Essex that import them.

Where are you based and someone may be able to point you in the direction of a dealer that is cube key friendly.

As for the fob and blade itself ebay is your best bet as I may be corrected by someone else but the fobs can be reprogrammed so you can have one from a breaker made to work with your car and just get an uncut blank to go inside. If your on the facebook group there is an australian guy that lives in Japan that may be willing to source a completely new unit for you and send over. His name is Peter Grice.
  • Hello Terry,

Thank you so much for your response, very helpful.
    Trying to find Peter Grice but theres a lot of results with same name.

I am based in Chingford, London.

Whats the club facebook address?
    ;)
  • It's a sticky at the top of the forum, just open the thread about the facebook group and click the link in the first message.

I have chatted with Peter and he is up for sourcing parts to ship over to the uk for owners. I have also spoken to the Guys in Bristol and it can be done by anyone who has the correct obd2 tool the one they recommend is a unit called G-scan so if you can find a garage with a that or a similar unit then it can be done there. either that or take a run to bristol!
  • Hi Terry,

Thanks for that. After a huge complaint to Nissan EU enquires, someone called from Nissan chelmsford saying they could deal with it! I was delighted until I got the price for new fob to be shipped from japan £186 and the programming another £54

It hurts, I wonder for how much Perer Grice would ship me the smart key. Will sort out facebook address and try to find him.

Thank you so much for your help!
  • I'll see if I can get an email address for you.
  • Hi Terry. I'm also in need of an additional key and I'm in Bristol. Who / where are CID?

Many thanks

Brian
  • they are car imports direct but also are known as performance point I believe. There website is http://www.cubecubic.co.uk/ and they are very helpful with it.
  • Hello all,

Looking to source an additional smart keyfob also for my new 2004 Cubic. Has there been any update here on a ready way to source fobs and get them programmed?

Thanks in advance
  • if your in the UK we have a couple of sources now. All are spread across the south unfortunately and the car has to be there to get the programming carried out.