CAT wanted for BZ11 (2003/2nd Gen)
  • Just heard my 2G Cube has failed her MOT for the 1st time on emissions. They said it's probably the catalytic converter, so wondered if anyone out there has a spare CAT knocking around collecting dust?  Here's hoping... Cheers, D
  • A few being broken on eBay, one by @mrcube on here.
  • Hi Obessence, just wondering if you managed to find a CAT in the end? Just been quotes over £1000 from Nissan for one! Any help would be really appreciated. 

Laura
  • If you use face book you can try a few of the people on there that import as you often find they have a breaker or source for a part. Beyond that we have a tame japanese native that can often source and ship parts faster and cheaper than nissan.
  • Hi thanks Terry, do you mean use the Nissan Cube Facebook page? Good idea to contact dealers. 

I am getting very confused with it. my garage tells me that there are tow cats, an underfloor and a manifold but the breakers I have spoken to don't know what I am talking about! Any ideas?

Thanks, Laura
  • only know of one that goes between the manifold and the mid pipe.

we have a link to our facebook page in a thread at the top of the forum. I'm the Admin there as well so myself or one of the other admins will approve your application for access and you can send round some questions.
  • Thanks terry_hill and toaster,

I think I will buy the manifold one and get it fitted. Sadly they don't know which is broken until they replace one. Seems very odd that my Cube has two. 

This is a photo of the other cat that is under the floor, I have found someone who can refurbish it for me but will take around 7-10 days. Any ideas? 

• That is a picture of the only CAT we'd expect there to be, thats between the manifold and mid pipe where toaster says it should be..