Anyone bought or sold a Gen2 cube recently?
  • Hi

You've probably seen I'm selling the Cube.

Wondered what price people have paid for a Gen 2 cube recently?

Or what price people have sold theirs for recently?

Mine's now advertised at £3,400 and I'd consider reasonable offers, but I'm surprised at some of the prices advertised (both on the low side and the high side).

Any insights would be appreciated.

Cheers
    Mark

• just bought an 03. Has climatecontrol, dvd screen for the rear passengers, and key less start and entry. Orange. 59k miles.Because of it being spotless inside and out,..... I paid £4500. People may cough at the price, but it was just what the wife wanted.
    s2landyman.
  • Thanks, I guess it's about having the right buyer at the right place and time!

Did you take a look at many different ones?

I don't know whether it is price or distance deterring people from coming to look at mine, or the fact I'm a private seller...

Any thoughts?
  • I paid £2500 for my 54 reg Cubic in January. 100,000 miles, keyless entry, 1.4 auto. There were a couple of others for sale at the same time at double that asking price.
  • Thanks Andrew, I guess the mileage has quite a big impact. 100,000 miles would scare some people!

I'd had an offer of £3,000 as part-ex for mine around February (about 70,000 miles at the time if I remember right), but in the end decided to privately import the new car, so having to go private for selling the cube, and not done that before.

Maybe I just need patience, I thought I was pricing it pretty competitively.

Still interested in hearing other people's experiences of buying/selling cubes.

And if anyone wants mine, give me a shout as well.

Mark

• unfortunately they are marmite cars so you may be waiting for a buyer even with a keen price.
  • It's a funny market really. When I was looking for mine I struggled to find a cubic that wasn't being sold by a dealer / importer for £4k - £5k, yet I know I'll have trouble selling mine if I want to get rid. I haggled the price down a lot on mine because it had been used as a Taxi. I'd have happily gone over £3000 if I'd seen a Cubic in the condition yours is in.
  • Yep, there does seem to be a lot of variation in pricing right now, a lot a new importers I guess.

Has anyone had much experience with autotrader? It tells you the number of times an ad has been viewed, but I wondered what a good number might be...

Mine had about 40 -50 views a day, but I would like to know how many of those were likely to have been "web robot" things trawling for data for other sites/searches by scammers etc?

Had quite a few scam things, and online car buyer website stuff. Had to switch off email to avoid that stuff.

Any experience of selling by autotrader site?
  • Finally sold it, after plastering the car across the internet.
    Buyer saw the car on Ebay.