Anyone bought or sold a Gen2 cube recently?
  • Hi

You've probably seen I'm selling the Cube.

Wondered what price people have paid for a Gen 2 cube recently?

Or what price people have sold theirs for recently?

Mine's now advertised at £3,400 and I'd consider reasonable offers, but I'm surprised at some of the prices advertised (both on the low side and the high side).

Any insights would be appreciated.

• just bought an 03. Has climatecontrol, dvd screen for the rear passengers, and key less start and entry. Orange. 59k miles.Because of it being spotless inside and out,..... I paid £4500. People may cough at the price, but it was just what the wife wanted.
  • Thanks, I guess it's about having the right buyer at the right place and time!

Did you take a look at many different ones?

I don't know whether it is price or distance deterring people from coming to look at mine, or the fact I'm a private seller...

Any thoughts?
  • I paid £2500 for my 54 reg Cubic in January. 100,000 miles, keyless entry, 1.4 auto. There were a couple of others for sale at the same time at double that asking price.
  • Thanks Andrew, I guess the mileage has quite a big impact. 100,000 miles would scare some people!

I'd had an offer of £3,000 as part-ex for mine around February (about 70,000 miles at the time if I remember right), but in the end decided to privately import the new car, so having to go private for selling the cube, and not done that before.

Maybe I just need patience, I thought I was pricing it pretty competitively.

Still interested in hearing other people's experiences of buying/selling cubes.

And if anyone wants mine, give me a shout as well.

• unfortunately they are marmite cars so you may be waiting for a buyer even with a keen price.
  • It's a funny market really. When I was looking for mine I struggled to find a cubic that wasn't being sold by a dealer / importer for £4k - £5k, yet I know I'll have trouble selling mine if I want to get rid. I haggled the price down a lot on mine because it had been used as a Taxi. I'd have happily gone over £3000 if I'd seen a Cubic in the condition yours is in.
  • Yep, there does seem to be a lot of variation in pricing right now, a lot a new importers I guess.

Has anyone had much experience with autotrader? It tells you the number of times an ad has been viewed, but I wondered what a good number might be...

Mine had about 40 -50 views a day, but I would like to know how many of those were likely to have been "web robot" things trawling for data for other sites/searches by scammers etc?

Had quite a few scam things, and online car buyer website stuff. Had to switch off email to avoid that stuff.

Any experience of selling by autotrader site?
  • Finally sold it, after plastering the car across the internet.
    Buyer saw the car on Ebay.