Newbie with a Gen2 BZ11 cube.
  • hi All,

Just purchased a Gen2 BZ11 cube.

It is an orange one with lowered wheels and after market steering. Believe it belonged to one of the members here.

Hoping to learn more about these cars...

• Welcome to the site and cube ownership

When you say aftermarket steering I can think of two that spring to mind - one was Ronster's which has the standard steering wheel sawn in half like the batmobile and the other one has a sparco steering wheel reg beginning FA52?

Both orange, both low and both cool IMHO. :)
  • Thank you CUBED.

Wow! You have an excellent memory.

The one I bought is the FA52 one and searching on the forum, I found it belonged to George.

The previous mods related to the car are here under his user id:
    http://forum.cubeownersclub.co.uk/profile/discussions/9852/George

• Welcome to tha club enjoy.
  • Welcome along to the family.
  • Thank you Toaster.
  • Thank you Terry.

• The current lowered setting is way too low. Struggling even over the bumps in the estate.

Coil over adjustment is insufficient because of the camber. So planning to buy some standard Nissan Micra K12 suspensions (front struts, back springs and shocks). Have read a lot on here saying it would fit. Hopefully should be straightforward.

Does anyone have George's contact details? I would like to learn more about the vehicle from him.
  • Let me know if you want to sell those coilovers. Or swaps for my lovely standard setup ;)
  • Yes I do seem to remember things well, if not all the details then at least what I've seen or read so know where to find it.

Try sending George a message through the forum but all the details about his car are in the thread you already found.

The K12 shocks / springs will fit straight on and iirc George also fitted washers to get the camber so you may want to remove those to revert to a standard setup.

There was also a problem with that coilover set (it's designed for a Renault clio) in the way that the anti roll bar links to the suspension so you'll need to get anti-roll bar links too unless they were included in the sale?

See details here - http://forum.cubeownersclub.co.uk/discussion/5939/renault-clio-coilovers#Item_5

For the above reason I think you'd be better off getting a K12 Micra coilover set Liam.

• Yes I did read George's post about his coilovers afterwards. I don't like the idea of having no arb :/
  • I agree. I am trying to get the standard shocks fitted now. This looks great but not so nice when driving inside the estate with too many bumps.
  • Standard K12 Micra shocks in the garage waiting to be fitted.
  • Suspension back to original. The steering is next...