• A couple of months ago, I had a crappy Volvo. I was in a rut of old, cheap cars that were always breaking down. I sold the Volvo for 6 grand and my parents agreed to help me buy a much newer car for 10,000 USD. I looked high and low at Mazdas, Hondas, Nissan Sentras and a ton of other Japanese branded cars. I found myself at a dealership looking at two Nissan Cubes. And I went home with one of them. A 2010 Cube SL in pearl white with black interior. My favorite combo for this car.

Day 1:

Friend of mine helped his mother buy a Cube. She didn't like the door bungies so he sent them my way:

Previous owner had some HIDs installed:

First part I purchased was this black billet grille from eBay. Fitment was a bit off and the edges needed to be filed down a bit but eBay parts rarely fir perfectly:

K&N Typhoon intake. It makes a fun noise at higher RPMs:

I then eBayed some rain guards. No name brand but they do the job and were half the price:

Next up is a bigger deal. I've had a set of wheels that would fit for a long time (they were on my first car too) but I needed tires. I pinched my pennies and waited 3 weeks for the local tire shop to get in the right size. But the wait was worth it:

I'm not usually one for stickers but when I saw this one I splurged:

"Everything is Fun" I felt it fit the Cubes personality.

Then I worked 14 days straight. And at the end of the 14th day, I came home to this:

I found a guy selling the interior accents in silver for 50 bucks. Being that blue doesn't exist and white would cost 150-200 dollars, I went for the silver and a couple cans of spray paint:

So there she is as of right now. I just ordered the illuminated kick plates this morning and hopefully they'll be here quick. The Cube is a blast to customize as it's generally simple, though these kick plates might be a bit more complex. Still excited to get them on! I'm looking for a decent lip kit as well. I really like the OEM aero kit but don't want to spend a thousand dollars on it, nor do I want each piece for 2-300 bucks. I saw Kaminari made a decent kit for a decent price but some folks say they don't answer any emails about it.

Anyways, thanks for looking!

• :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd
  • Welcome from over the pond!
  • Nice progress story.

Welcome and look forward to more :)
  • Thanks guys!

Got the kick plates today. They're all bent up, completely unusable and one of the rears was missing. Plus, after looking at the install directions, it looks like these won't be happening unless I come upon enough money to buy a new set and send my car to a dealership. So now I dunno what the next mod should be.
  • Welcome along to here as well as the Facebook group!

Cube modding is never ending so there will always be a next project but it sucks about your kick plates.

Dash is a little Hollywood at the minute but there is a 70's option available

Dare I say it looks a little tall at the minute....?

Or possibly I've always thought the big booty of the cube could do with a little help to balance it out? We have real trouble with sourcing parts for that in the UK without incurring high carrage costs from over seas or paying crazy money for a dealer supplied OEM part!
  • I need that 70s option, my lady friend keeps hinting at it as a future present so that' on the backburner haha. I'm planning on getting some Megan Racing lowered springs soon. Maybe after the coming winter. Maybe before. Whenever I have the money for them basically.
  • Got my actual camera working again so I went for a mini photo shoot:

Needs a little low but I've been saving up for the rear piece of the aero kit (I'll get front and rears later, little by little) so that comes first. Plus I kinda want to wait until after winter to do any lowering.
  • Nice to see your billet grille pokes a little at the top like mine! Looks like a smart car though and will be nice to watch your progression!
  • Front lip should be arriving tomorrow, very excited to get it on and add some much needed aggressive styling. 

And it's on!
  • You sure that's Pearl White and not Frosted White? Really does look a different colour  :-?
  • Nope, only white listed on the site was pearl white. Might just be my four year old paint vs four day old paint.

• Think I'd have got a black one! that looks really bright!
  • I really thought about getting a black one, it's one of the things I was debating that stopped me from just pulling the trigger, but I would rather have had that, a hood and spoiler in a carbon fiber finish if I didn't go with white. Trying to have everything colormatched is, imho, a much cleaner look in the end. 
  • it's a cleaner look if it is colour-matched but not wanting to sound rude I'd take the car to a bodyshop and get them to match the paint accurately so it is spot on, if it's not a perfect match it's better to go for a contrasting colour IMHO. :)

It might be a different colour primer that's made the difference - or if it's pearl white then the number of coats makes a difference to the final colour.
  • Totally agree and want to take my car to either get wrapped or have everything color matched once I get the rest of the kit and the Kaminari wing. My first car was a burgandy xB with a black hood/wing/front lip and it looked alright but I would've rather had it matched, don't wanna do the same thing now and regret it ya know.
  • Those Kaminari wings are huge! I'd like to see one where you can see the whole car as I've only ever seen detail shots showing the top of the boot etc so it's hard to judge what it would look like!
  • image Here's one from IG. Add some takeyari pipes to the muffler and you've got my ideal Cube.
  • I like that rear spoiler but can't find one for a right hand drive.
  • http://www.kaminari.com/node/795 

Here it is on their site. US based company AFAIK so idk if they will have a version for UK models 
  • With the whole door swinging away from the back is there an issue between right and left hand drive? the roof/ top of the door is the same both sides so didn't think it would matter. It doesn't look that big when seen like that as the gen3 butt is a bit bigger than the gen 2 so it balances ok. 
  • I didn't think it would matter Terry but an old club member bought one of the standard US spoilers and he said it didn't fit and that they are handed  :-??
  • thats good to know as I'd been thinking of picking up a spoiler from the US just as even with shipping they seem so much cheaper! looks like I'll be hunting import monster then!
  • Well that spoiler is sold in Europe through there Belgian dealer and they want £700 just for the part  $-)
  • It's 300USD unpainted! Would it be cheaper to just import it? The Krom spoiler looks similar but smaller. 

Should be ordering the OEM side skirts in a couple weeks. Just need the month to change (bills and stuff) and to book a little vacation. Leftover monies are going to them skirts. Didn't think I'd be getting them till spring so it'll be nice to get them done before winter.