De-badge info needed and wind defectors too
  • Going to be picking up my gen 2 cube in 2 weeks (fingers crossed) how easy are they to remove rear badges? Are there any locating pins on the rear of the rear badges or are they just stuck on with that foam stuff?
    Also will be wanting to remove the wind deflectors, easy enough??

Thanks
  • Hi and welcome to cube ownership.

There are holes for the Nissan badge unfortunately.

Wind deflectors same process as cube badge - pull them off and remove foam residue with white spirits / washing / autoglym super resin polish and once all residue gone give it a full wash again and finish off with a wax.

Cheers
    Phil

• With the deflectors, a quick blast with a heat gun greatly reduces the amount of residue they leave. But they should come off without.
  • Oh yes forgot about the heat gun tip - hair dryer if you don't have a heat gun.

And don't set it too hot! 

• Thanks guys :)
  • Does the gen 3 rear badge have the lugs? looked in the workshop manual and can't see any mention of the rear! front is shown in the manual but nothing for the rear.
  • I've wondered that myself Terry - not sure if any gen 3 owners have swapped their badge yet?
  • gen 3 rear badge also has 2 lugs, took mine off, replaced it with a transformer badge to cover the two holes.
    also removed the cube badge. 
    it keeps the " what is it " comin from the no nowts
  • I know the cube badge is just 3m taped on but wondered about the Nissan one. Good to know it's lugged for the future if I come to swap it out but think I'd rather just loose it... trouble is like the bumper that costs a lot!