• got 17"alloys on my wifes cube tyres 205 40 17. one of the tyres on the front-- though it used to be both til i put new tyres on-- leaks the air. i dont drive it during the week and check the tyre pressure every weekend and it drops anything from a couple psi right down to 9psi from 32. when i changed the tyres on the front the tyre man showed me some slight dents in the alloys and put plenty of sealer on to see if helped. it did on one wheel but the other one still dodgy. my bro in law --ace mechanic-- recons he seen some proper bent an buckled rims an suspects the laquer on the wheel might be scabby and affecting the seal. someone else has suggested its coz they have tiny side wall and every little bump causes seepage due to lack of GIVE in the side wall! point is-- i have found some steel rims off a clio 3to put on. wonder if anyone interested in the old wheels with good tyres. may be an easy fix but i just not interested!!!!!!! also any suggestions as to where to get wheel nuts from for my steel wheels????
  • I'm assuming this is a gen2 cube your talking about? For wheel nuts I would say eBay would be your best bet, the thread you'll need is M12x1.25, have you tried using tyre sealant/instant tyre weld sort of products on the alloys? It might also be worth listing the alloys on eBay if you don't have much response on here
  • its an 04 plate so as far as i aware it is gen 2.thanks for thread size tho appreciate that mate. with regards to tyre sealant thats what my brother has said but to be honest i always wanted to get rid of the alloys and try steels because of the ride difference. as a biker THO I LUV THE CUBE alloy wheels dont bother me, the ride does. the cube is my darling wifes though and she loves the alloys!!!!!!!! the wheels have scarring from curbs as well i forgot to mention !
  • hey cubists! i am here at you mercy again!!!! the wifes pride n joy just been MOT'd by mechanic friend-he does all the jobs but then takes it to an mot centre. they tried to fail it on ----NEARSIDE FRONT(drop link) ANTI ROLL BAR HAS EXCESSIVE PLAY IN A BALL JOINT! ? my mate kindly pointed out he was bein slightly pedantic and that he would be willing to put his name to it all daŷ!!!!!! SO arm bently twisted he passed it. my mate said as a precaution he looked for one/pair and couldnt get one and couldnt anyone to tell him if it would be same as micra etc--- anybody any ideas??? i would rather try get one now while it still ok than wait till it gone!!!!! ps my post about putting steelies on-- steelies off clio 3 are now on and giving far better ride than big alloys and ya dont grit ya teeth and panic at every little pot hole in rhe road!