Meet Albert, my cube on coilovers and Borbet A's.
  • Hi, I'm new to this forum, I have owned Albert since 2011 and I am the first UK owner. I had him imported by a Japanese man called Albert so I decided to give my cube this traditional Japanese name.

Here he is when I bought him, all I did at first was put my "JDM/USDM' tow hook on and adjusted the tilt plate as I was on a Uni budget.

After saving up I got coilovers and a USDM wink mirror. I couldn't find coilovers for the cube so I got micra k12's.

Now for the wheels. I wanted something with abit of poke and dish, I tryed a few of my boyfriends wheels on but most of his wheels were 15" and I dint think they sat right so decided on 16" Borbet A's. The front are 7.5j et35 and the rears 9j et15 so I have had to roll my arches and camber the rear wheels abit to fit under the fender but I'm loving how Albert sits now.

Also it was my 21st birthday recently and my boyfriend got me this plate :)

Hope you all like and sorry about it being a bit pic heavy D:
  • hi loving the pics and the wheels was it hard to get a camber i thought you couldn't get a camber on the rear of a cube ? anyway the cube looks sweet keep up the good work,oh yeh where you from ?
  • thanks :) and yea its pretty easy to get camber, iv slipped some washers in behind the rear drum, bit of a pikey way but it does the job, and no need for longer bolts aswell because the bolts that hold the drum on are massive lol, i am told tho in the states they make camber shims for the Toyota BB and Scion XB that offer 1.5 and 3.0 degrees of camber that also fit the nissan cube so next time im over there i will pick some up and test them out, and im from around Sheffield and go to uni at Nottingham :)
  • Looking good :-bd
  • Nice cube and nice 5 in the background!
  • Love those wheels they really suit the car, I used to have a 190 with those on
  • thanks for the nice comments :)  just a quick update, i have fitted a sneaky wheelwhores sticker :p

• Tidy looking Cube there.  Very nice. :)
  • Welcome to the site. :)

Cube is looking good - I'm amazed you've managed to get 9s on - especially ET15?!? - what tyres are they?

After test-fitting my latest wheels the maximum size I'd worked out was 8" on ET42 (Mine are 7" on ET25 and I'm having to fit 165s so I don't have tread protruding from the arch)

Have you had any interest from the po-lice with the rears fitted?

Cheers

Phil

• By my calculations the rears must stick out the arch by 85mm?! (3.5")
  • Looking at the shots I'd say 3.5" is easily  right at the bottom, looks a fair poke and stretch at the top as well though.
  • That wheel fitment is amazing! Did you have any problems with the standard wheels rubbing the arches with the coilovers fitted though? Looking at lowering mine and unsure whether I would need to roll my arches
  • I love the wheels! very nice looking lil cube! B-)
  • thanks for all the comments guys, 

"CUBED" yea there 16x9j et 15 and have quite abit of camber to flick them under the arch the tyres have abit of stretch (215/40) but i am swaping my tyres soon to a 195 so i dont have to run with camber, and i haven't had any problem with the po-po so far lol, i did trial fit my boyfriends old rota zero plus 15x8 et 10 and there was no chance they would fit even with camber :) 

"George" no i had no problem running standard wheels on coilovers wound down i only rolled my fenders due to the Borbet A's sitting too wide :)

• @Ash_b_84 - this is the thread I was talking about. I think 16x9s will be too much on the front but possible option on the rear