might work on a cube/key reprogram
  • Hi all,
    Found this,might work on the cube...........
    NISSAN Micra Key Remote Control Programming

The Central Door locking is controlled by the Multi-Remote Control system which controls the door locking, door super locking and hazard reminder. When the doors are locked and unlocked the unit flashes the hazard lights once for lock and twice for unlock.

A maximum of four remote controls are allowed to be programmed.

Ensure all the doors have been unlocked, either by using a good transponder key or remote control plip key.

1. Turn the ignition switch from Position 0 to ON 6 times within 10 seconds.

2. Then turn ignition switch to OFF position. Leave key in ignition switch.

3. After 2 seconds, the system will enter programming mode and will flash the warning lights twice.

4. Press and HOLD the unlock button on the Plip.

5. While pressing the unlock button, press the lock button 3 times.

6. Release the unlock button.

7. The warning lights will flash once to indicate successful programming.

8. Repeat procedure 4 to 7 for up to 4 plip key’s.

9. When completed turn ignition ON, and the warning lights will flash 2 times.

10. Remove key, and check all plip key’s for operation.

NOTE : The programming mode will stop when either the ignition is switch ON, 4 plip keys have been programmed or no input signal either from the switch or plip keys has been received for 120 seconds.
  • Sounds good. I've only got 1 key for mine, so it might be worth trying if I ever get a second key.
  • Spares come up on ebay, I bought one last year but have not got around to going to nissan to get it programmed or cut!
  • What kind of key do you have? I couldn't find mine that matched mine on eBay. I've got the keyless entry/start one.
  • I got the blade with it, which seems to be the hard part to get!
  • I'm tempted to get one. I've the same style as Tazbert.
  • In theory any main dealer should help but I get the impression each dealer is different! I remember someone had success with a Nissan dealer in Swindon!
  • Mine's like this. Like I said, not seen another like it.
    P1060057 - Copy.JPG
    448 x 300 - 64K
  • Hi all. Timpsons have cut me a key and programmed it for £25. It does not do the remote central locking but it opens the doors in the locks and starts the car. Not bad for £25.
  • McKenzi,

Cube keys don't need programming if its to open the doors manually and turn ignition.
    Any Key cutters for about £6-£8 for a spare....
  • I tried just a key and it opened the doors fine but would not start the car, I'm very happy now as I have a spare that works.
  • My keys the same as yours orange cube. It's not in great nick and was wondering about getting a new one. Seems like a pricey part though, unless the newer ones on ebay as nash linked to work.
  • Haha, must have been a special key for the Orange Cubes. :P
    Yeah, mine's not looking flash either. Where'd you get a price? I haven't asked my Nissan dealer for fear of the potential $300+ answer...
  • There is another thread somewhere. I believe someone got a new one from a nissan dealer for around 170 GBP
  • There is another thread somewhere. I believe someone got a new one from a nissan dealer for around 140 GBP.
  • Hiya

Had anyonetried the proceedure above - I have only one key like Tazbert's but the remote wont lock/unlock, tried new battery but guessing its not the original and needs reprogramming

Bex
  • Hi Bex

Have you got the black rubber oval buttons on the exterior door handles? If not then your cube doesn't have remote locking/unlocking even though you have buttons on the key.

My first cube was like that, tried a new battery and above procedure until I realised. :O

If you have got the black buttons it's worth trying procedure after a battery swap.
  • Okay guys, I can confirm that a 2nd-hand proximity key can be programmed to a Cube. You don't need to have one, can be programmed straight from the car with one of those diagnostic tools. I had one purchased for me from Yahoo Auctions Japan, and paid my local importer $50 to program it for me. Cost me $100 all up plus the cost of the blade, (which I haven't done yet). Easy. :)
    PA270005.JPG
    1632 x 1224 - 856K
  • Guys bumping up an old thread.. but I'm need of a key similar to taz Bert as iv only got the one key...any updates to obtaining a new one and how to go about it.. can it be programmed from.the car??? Sorry for all the questions but we only just phurcahsed the cube/cubic :)
  • You need to program them through an obd2 reader. only certain readers can do it and they can do it at a nissan dealer (even though they will probably plead ignorance and try to cahrge a fortune!) or can be done by the importer in bristol CID. there are other places that can do it and your local garage may have a compatible reader so maybe chat to them. the key and car have to be together to do it though so unfortunately it might be a bit of a drive to get it done. There is a Peter Grice on the facebook group who can get you a new key out in japan and post it to you or you can pick up a second hand nissan key and get it reprogrammed but the blade will need to be replaced.