Strut brace/induction kit/lowering
  • Evening all, have just bought a skyline strut brace as it looks very similar to cube one you can import! Seeing as it was only 40 quid on fleabay i thought it was worth a punt as im an ex fab/welder and will retrofit it to suit with minimal work i hope in my garage workshop, will keep you posted once it arrives and i trial fit it! Might be an easy fix and cheaper than imported one which doesnt look as meaty IMOP) 8)

Emailed local nissan dealer to see about fitting lowered springs (need quick turnaround for work) and will try to talk the wife into letting me order the stillen induction kit at end of the month! Japfest/club meets makes you do things!!!!! :twisted:
  • Good news, will keep an eye out for updates...
  • Yeah keep us updated mate, I'm interested in Induction kit and Strut Brace :-)
  • Looks like its £150.00 inc vat for fitting at nissan dealer, bargain! Saves me skinning myknuckles and busting up back! Prob getting H&R 35mm drop (£145.00) as anymore than that will need to upgrade shocks as well! 8)
    Strut fun will be interesting methinks!

Had front spot bulb changed earlier with nissan gang, only 15 quid inc vat/fitting, whole bumper has to come off to change it!!! :roll:
  • Struts here, just got up off nights, will offer it up and take a pic in a bit! 8)
  • Just ordered Eibach pro kit lowering springs, only 30mm drop but will be best of both worlds i hope! 8)
    Was looking at H&R 35mm drop springs but none in the UK!!!!
    Book the cube in for monday now!
  • Springs going on tuesday now at 1030am, cant wait! even getting up early as will be on nights!! Strut was a no-no but gives me a good idea.... :twisted:

[IMG]http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j264/eurobob/boing1.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j264/eurobob/boing2.jpg[/IMG]

Cant get the K&N Typhoon induction kit in UK! 4-5 week lead time so may as well go for the cheaper Stillen one from the USA! 8) Why do all these UK companies advertise something thats not even in the country?????

http://blog.stillen.com/2009/11/stillen-customer-cube-dyno/
  • Oooooo sexy springs :D
  • I'm looking forward to see pics when the springs are mounted. I also want to get the Eibachs as these are the only springs beside the H&R which are legal in Germany.
    I really would love to have the chance to drop it more than just 30mm...
  • Looking forward to seeing the end results mate.
  • Looking forward to seeing the pics of the brown veloury lowness, fancy some of those myself.
  • Looking forward to it as well, just got back from working in london after 4am start!! I wanted to go lower but any more than 30mm means you need posher/lowered shocks and i would rather spend the cash on the intake kit :twisted:
    Didnt see one cube in london village??? tsk! 8)
  • Bout time Bob! Thought your car was alergic to Tarmac. :lol: :wink:
  • Its out of warranty, time to fiddle! :twisted:
  • Still waiting on reply from west covina nissan, is there a holiday in US im not aware of???? :evil:
    Might have to try Stillen direct?
  • I've e-mailed loads of different suppliers/manufacturers and never had any replies :(
  • On the top strut brace question...I would have thought a Micra one might fit..
    :oops: but until you buy one...it might not fit.... :roll:

here is one;
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nissan-Micra-1995-1-0-K11-OMP-Front-Upper-Strut-Brace-OMPMA1741-/200731816438?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2ebc8c71f6
  • Still waiting on reply from west covina nissan, is there a holiday in US im not aware of????

Yep young Bob...Memorial day.... :wink:
  • K11 so i reckon it would fit earlier cubes, my R32 fleabay one deffo a wrong un, its only a foot short! doh, never mind, im toying with making my own and have a good pattern now! :twisted:
    Oppsy, just emailed them again asking why ive had no bleedin response, doh!
  • can we have a before and after pic of the cube with the spings, not sure if i'm going 30 or 45 drop.
  • Can do, took a few pics before nightshift last night, rear arch gap is about 3" and 3 1/4" on front! Will post pics later of both before and after. Hope to see and feel the difference on drive down to M32 later! Just dropped it off, picking it up later this arbo. 8)
  • Looking forward to seeing it lowered. :)
  • All done!
    Pic before.
    [IMG]http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j264/eurobob/before1.jpg[/IMG]

And after! Subtle but nice and firm (quite brutal over speed bumps!) and fills arch nice, plus i can still drive up banks i hope on the motorway! :twisted:
    Guys at nissan did a cracking job and great customer service, £156 and done in 2 hours! Didnt even get my paws dirty and all skin/knuckles intact! Back arch looks wonky as its sat on handbrake!
    [IMG]http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j264/eurobob/after1.jpg[/IMG]
    Intake next once i get a reply from USA!
  • Nice stance. Looks great with the wheels.
  • Ta, deffo feel firmer, will give it some bell oil later on way to nightshift! 8)
    Just been told that it will be a tad lower again once springs settle in 8O
  • Looking good there Eurobob and nice to see a proper coloured motor.
  • Looks soooooo much better mate 8)
  • looks great. where did you get the springs ? , seen PI springs on ebay for £115
  • "Tidy" (as you say :) )
  • Cheers me dears! Theres lovely! 8) Saw the PI ones but unsure if TUV approved? anyway only £152 for Eibach so went for a well known name so confident in quality etc, just my preferred choice and went through company rather than ebay route. 8) Noticed a few more bumps last night on my way to M32, they are are a lot stiffer IMOP! :twisted: Feels a lot more planted on corners and roundabouts after 34k on the old springs even if it is only 30mm drop? No camber issues either, drives like its on rails as before!
  • must admit that looks cool. i wasn't going to drop mine but after seeing yours think i might
  • Go for it! I know of a good nissan garage that will save your knuckles 8)
    Still unsure of that strut on fleabay, looked at K12 micra engine bay pics but it looks like towers are different, looks like its time to hit the garage and make my own! If im successfull may get some more made up to sell on??
  • If you can fabricate them at a reasonable price then I would think you could sell them no problem :-)
  • And lo, 'Eurobob Performance Parts' was born unto the world. :mrgreen:
  • 8) I like that Taz, will get some tee shirts made up as well, stardom/millionaire status/retirement awaits!
  • Not bad, not bad!
    First time i see a Cube on Eibach's.

I wouldn't mind being able to get a 45mm spring kit, but it seems like the Eibach's are the only option for me as the H&R springs are always way too stiff. But this pic makes the decision easier 8)
  • My pleasure mate. My normal 10% fee applies. Oh and a free t-shirt of course. ;)
  • Its in the post! 8) schlumpf, couldnt get H&R in uk but they do a 35mm kit, if you go 45mm just remember you may need camber bolts and uprated shocks, well thats what ive gleamed during my search but may be wrong? :roll:
  • Beside the H&R springs the Eibach are the only ones which are legal here.
    I had H&R in 2 cars and they are too stiff. I'm too old for hopping around like back in the days :D

45mm would still work with the original shocks but surely decrease the lifespan a bit. But true, everything lower would need shorter shocks.
    The camber should still be ok with that lowering. I had some issues with the camber as i had the KW adjustable coilovers in my Punto Sporting but that was lowered about 100mm in the front, so not surprising.

But your Cubie looks nice with the Eibach's so i think i also will get these. Usually sporty but not too hard and hey, its still a daily driver. :wink:
  • 100mm!!! thats cubed/airbag territory! 8)
    My gen2 cube had around 45-50mm lowered springs and was harsh as you like, my gen3 was like getting into a bouncy castle! the 35mm drop seems just right for a daily in regards to my use as a van/company car. Ive noticed a deffo negative camber beetle style on the back since 35mm springs fitted!

On a happy note i have had a reply from the USA, stillen induction kit in post from CA tomorrow i hope!!! 8) best tell the wife now.......... :?
  • Ouch, bet that cos a few quid :cry:
  • £175 british pounds! :twisted: no doubt will get clobbered by the import police for £35! :evil:
    K&N Typhoon was £275 so much cheaper, need to make a cold air cowl/heat shield as you get one with the K&N.
    Pic of one installed in US Cube.
    [IMG]http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j264/eurobob/stillen2.jpg[/IMG]
    Yum! 8)
  • What part did you get? I emailed them and they said they didn't know if it would fit our cars?
  • Its for a 1.8cc but same throttle body size, rubber hose piece just slips on after youve removed all the plastic gubbins, i made one up from the old airbox on my gen2 so will be an easy job as this one is made to fit! Stillen exhaust is also for a 1.8cc and fitted sweet!
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/150724587737?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
    The K&N typhoon is for a 1.8cc too.
  • Ohhhhhh cool, I'm gonna have to get one of those then :-)

I'm not keen on that Strut Brace, looks a bit feeble IMHO.
  • Looks like a spam/bot to me? not sure......first post is a link?? If im wrong then i apologise watercow.
    And im thinking the same as you paul :?
    Oh, had a update, stillen intake is in the post/air as we speak! 8)
  • LATEST NEWS...Eurobob will be Drifting at Japfest 2013.... :lol:
  • Not sure about drifting, might spill my latte! 8) Just had USPS update , its still at the airport/in the air, very vaugue tracker!
  • Its either in UK customs waiting for some oik to throw it into a bin that says "charge 20% tax for bin storage" or possibly still in the air strapped to a fat pigoen! Not much point in these tracking systems, might get it by xmas!!! :roll:
  • You don't hang about when you've made a decision do you. :D
  • Technically its your fault! :lol:
    on nights for next fortnight so plenty of daylight time to fit `when` it arrives, just as well as skint now!

Found K12 OMP brace, same as Z12 cube gen 3?
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OMP-FRONT-UPPER-RED-STRUT-BRACE-NISSAN-MICRA-K12-ALL-/170766659303?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item27c27c6ee7

Looky like this tanabe one?
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TANABE-FRONT-STRUT-TOWER-BAR-NISSAN-CUBE-09-10-/270808951819?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f0d78ac0b
  • Customs Clearance

Your item is being processed by customs in GREAT BRITAIN at 10:56 am on June 07, 2012. 8)
  • Customs clearance aka deciding how much to over charge you by!
  • Aye, priority 48 hr post it says, so that equates to another week and lets say 40 quid for the hell of it! 8O
  • And then its time to create an admin fee for doing nothing too.
  • Thank you for your email.

We will get back to you as soon as we can, but please note due to our office been closed during the Bank Holiday we are currently working on emails dated the 07/06/2012. 8O

:roll: they have had it for 4-5 days at parcelforce airport depot and its still awaiting its import charge (says on parcel force link) so i emailed them and got the above reply!!!!! hell of a system, makes you proud to be british!

Nice link!

Pity i cant dyno mine!
  • 12-06-2012. 08:58. National Hub. Received and processed

So its out of airport, any guesses on when it will arrive? :roll:
  • I'm bored and googling for stuff randomly. Found this which might be of some help if you're gonna fab your own strut brace up Bob....

http://www.andysautosport.com/nissan/2009_9999_cube/suspension/strut_bars/tanabe_racing_development/tana00431819.html
  • Worth the wait though mate, I can't wait to see it fitted :-) I've just ordered a Strut Brace, 6 to 8 week delivery time :(
  • if you don't lower your cube is there any point putting one of these on?

potentially an extremely stupid question but thats what I'm here for
  • I will be lowering but the Brace is a cosmetic thing for me rather than practical :-)
  • Skinto at the mo, hope to get an omp one if i can confirm micra K12 has same dims! 8)
    Which strut did you go for after?
  • I went for a Cusco one :D
  • ohhhhhhhh very nice! How mucho? im getting K12 measurements from chap in nissan garage hopefully tomorrow to confirm if same then i can get omp one, if the wife gives me more pocket money! Saying that im on 12 hour nights till 25th so should be allowed!! :roll:
  • It's about £140
  • Not bad, have to get your springs done next 8)
    Right im off to the M32, have to earn some cash to buy shiny things that wife doesnt know about :twisted:
  • Springs in January 8)
  • You boys are making me very jealous, where is the strut brace coming from and how come you can't get all this stuff here?
  • Gen 3 very popular in USA, not so here! Pauls will fit for sure from USA, im being crazy like a fox and going to try and see if a micra K12 OMP strut from Blighty will go on! 8) Right, im off to bed! 8O
  • Mines from Japan :P
  • I will put a nismo sticker on mine after ive peeled off the OMP one :oops:
    Just got up off nights, my CAI is in noooport parcel force office, off down after breaky to pick it up!
    £27.50 Import Tax, hurrumph!! Will be fitted by 6pm! :twisted:
    Took 5 days in total from California to London, then took 7 days to get from london to newport! go figure? :roll:
  • I'm really interested to see how you get on with this, it will be my next purchase :-)
  • breakfast now then im on it! 8)
  • C'mon Eurobob, we all know it's been fitted ages, and your out cruising, tunes on, windows down, listening to the sweet throaty engine notes.......
  • I wish, tis fitted, got bleedin soaked anawl!! battery out job so need to find radio code now! :roll:

[IMG]http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j264/eurobob/stillen1a.jpg[/IMG]
    crap out.

[IMG]http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j264/eurobob/stillen2a.jpg[/IMG]
    shiny in.

[IMG]http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j264/eurobob/stillen3a.jpg[/IMG]
    more junk for garage, used the cold air feed though as seen in pic, and its a K&N filter on it so stickers can stay! 8) Off to work now, will give it a braaap on the M4 and see what she feels like!
  • I hope Bob made it back from work and didn't get carried away and decided to drive all around the world...
  • Looks sweeeeeeeeet, you gonna polish up the engine bay now to show it off? :wink:
  • Afternoon, i made it back through the torrential rain! Deffo picks up a bit quicker but nowt top end (as expected). Very throaty growl and exhaust tone sounds a bit lower, doesnt vibrate fillings out at 3000rpm now! I think it would be much more noticeable on a manual as you can take it higher revs wise, does sound good though! 8)
    For the anal among you i reckon its allowing me to cruise at 75mph a good 200-300 revs lower than before so must be breathing better if nothing else! Obviously i would need to take the cat out to get a few more horsepower but then it gets complicated at MOT time and i cant be bothered with swapping cat in and out! Not sure if i have got the BHP from 108 upto guideline 124 BHP but i think its prob around that? Have to wait until Paul gets his then he can do a dyno! :twisted: On nights till 27th so no engine bay shining until then im afraid!
  • Hey very nice, apart from Strut brace and cold air intake, what other under the bonnet goodies are available?
    Any one that about a remap?
    Would it be worth it?.
  • Ohhhhhhhhhhhh nice! ive been looking for one on fleabay to tart up but no joy yet, may tap up the nissan garage to see if they can source one to play with! What car is that? different set up to the HR16DE in ours?? Why he still has the resonator still attached when he has that Tanabe CAI fitted i dont know?? no pipe on it for starters??

Remap not cheap and not sure what it would do in regards to my CVT, might be a better call for a manual though?
  • I don't see why an engine cover can't be imported, it's just like everything else and bloody expensive to import. I will have to wait a while as I'm skint now. Having roof painted and strut brace on way. That will have to do me for a few months as I've just spent another £1500 on camera equipment :oops:
  • Keep us posted on the strut brace am very interested, what are you having done to roof?
  • Yeah the strut bace looks quite beefy so I'm looking forward to seeing it on, I'm having a Rising Sun design airbrushed on the roof.
  • Cool. Did you go for cusco? And if so where's it coming from?
  • Yeah the Cusco one, I have a Cusco dealer near me who has ordered it from Japan.
  • Sorry Eurobob we seemed to have taken over your post :oops:
  • Ah, now that saves a lot of hassle, am very tempted, did you consider any others?
  • Its all good, shiny things are good! 8) Im now skint too and finish this contract end of month so wife has banned me from any more shopping!I might wait and see what your cusco brace is like then make a decision on that or OMP. Got my custom grille to sort off a 626 and bonnet wrap which is a cheap mod! :twisted:
  • Yeah there's one or two Different Braces around, I quite liked a Carbon Fibre one I saw :twisted:
  • Luckily I haven't got a wife to ban me from anything :lol:
  • What made you go for Cisco?
  • The look of it, it's oval shaped bar looks quite good imho.
  • Fair enough, always been about the looks for me, keep us posted, may have to have one.
  • Ahem, engine cover sorted! just need to decide what colour to paint it! :twisted:
    Got to get my 626 grille fitted next!
  • Where did you get that from?
  • Been doing my own strut brace checking and it seems that in the case of the Cusco oval ones (like what Paul got), the same brace will fit Gen2 & gen3 Cubes. And they quote the same part number for K12 Micra as well, soooo..... :)

626 Grille? If that's the one I think it is Bob, that might just work!
  • You lucky sod, you get that from the dealer?