[b]Standard spec / Optional extras: [/b]
    Remote locking / Factory alarm
    Keyless start
    CVT transmission
    Electronic a/c
    Auto headlights
    Foldaway mirrors
    Wind deflectors

Basically the only cube feature I've seen but this hasn't got is the mountain dew air purifier that Simon has. :)
  • *claps hands* *wooping*
  • mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, beans! 8)
  • good to hear mate give me a shout if you need a hand matey....
  • Mmmmmmmmm nice colour (your original choice if i remember right) shame you had to get one this way though, but nice to see a positive out come to it all

oh brown or cream interior?

Paul
  • Cheers guys.

Sy, I'll be arranging a suspension swapover meet on my drive with you and EuroBob, you'll be renumerated for your time / petrol if you fancy it.

Paul, as you say, its a sad way for it happen but I'm a believer in fate and everything happens for a reason. :)

Even more destiny is the way I got this cube. Since the accident I've been checking out cube / cubic ads on ebay and autotrader.

I'm in Ayr this week and on Tuesday a new ad appeared for my now second cube, located in Perth. (2 hours from Ayr or 5.5 hours from home)

This car wouldnt have been an option if it had been up a week or earlier or later.

I drove over yesterday morning and the garage seemed surprised I'd turned up to look at their staff runaround, it seems the ad had been accidentally relisted and the car wasn't even there until 12pm so I left and went back.

It was covered in graphics and mud but ran well, is packed with features and has 37,000 miles.

Couple of faults but only with parts I can swap off cubed1.

I did a deal as is - mud, graphics and all - by 3 I'd rolled off the forecourt in cubed2 and they did wash and vac her in the end any way.

I don't know who was more pleased with the deal. :D

I peeled the graphics off in a beachside car park this afternoon and she's clean and straight. :)

Oh, interior is grey but the seat covers will be swapped from cubed1.
  • Dicksons in Perth? I've seen that car advertised and thought it was a bit pricey, although as you say a minter- hope you haggled well!
  • just give me some notice and will come over in works van . .
  • Yeah the Dicksons one. The advertised price was on a par with other "genuine" traders like the garage that are selling Rickfury's cube but I got it to the price I was willing to pay.
  • TBH, whilst I always liked what you did the original Cubed, I was never a massive fan of the colour. Thought it needed a something different.

With this in mind, I can't wait to see the Bean Yellow version! :)
  • Ha, that's like when you get your haircut and everyone says "that's much better"

:P
  • pics pics pics! :twisted:
  • Pics as collected on 31/08/11 ...

Pics midway through peeling the stickers off on 01/09/11 ...

ho ho ho

Pics with all stickers peeled off on 01/09/11 ...

Pics with residue removed on 03/09/11 ...

Going to give it a full wash and polish tomorrow morning.

• Did you return the woman back to the garage that you found on the back seat whilst peeling the graphics off? :lol:
  • That's Carla, my wife, it would cost me quite a bit to return her! :D
  • hi mate,like the new cube i can't wait to see it enfold :-)
  • Nice! Really looking forward to seeing this one evolve. :)
  • sweet . . let the mods begin ..lol.. looks sweet as phil and key less mmmm . :mrgreen:
  • 52 plate cvt with keyless is without doubt the best version... But you big spender have the EX while i'll have to be satisfied with the SX...
  • I gave cubed2 a full wash this morning.

I started off by going around each panel and removing any remaining sticker residue and tar spots with white spirit following a rinse, wash, and rinse.

After this the only remains of any sticker was the plastic trim at the bottom of the tailgate.

(The panel had faded a little, at a different rate where the sticker had been. The wing mirors were also a bit 'matt-finished' too.)

After a quick polish with Autoglym Super Resin Polish there was no trace of the letters.

I then polished every other panel that had stickers on previously and here are the results...

After the next wash I will apply a coat of wax over the panels to protect the paintwork, pleased that there were no hidden nasties behind the graphics. :)

I'm also getting a few plans for this now, going to go a different route to the manga / cartoon add-ons this time around.

• Don't do a thing for that DIY masterpiece, that rearfoglamp.... :wink:

Nice work in getting the stickers of so well. Impressive.
  • The fog lamp will be gone as soon as I've got cubed1 back home and swapped the LED lights over. ;)
  • Hey, sorry to read about your loss! Im glad I got to see cubed1 in the metal before his untimely demise :(

I am loving the new colour though and can't wait to see where you are going with this one...

One question though, would you by any chance now have a spare set of cube factory brackets that holds the radio in place? Mine were nicked when some unmentionable decided to smash my window and remove the whole double din unit and factory brackets. This happened some while ago, unable to find any brackets that fit I had to get the old meccano set out and made my self a bodge job bracket but it isn't exactly sturdy :)

Just a thought as im guessing you will be breaking cubed1 up at some point :cry:

Cheers!
  • Thanks Thor, the cinema show was probably the pinnacle for cubed1, with all mods completed as I wanted.

I haven't decided whether to sell cubed1 as repairable or in parts yet. I've PM'd you.

If anyone else is wondering about parts I'd rather keep this thread about my new cube.

I'll start a new thread once I've moved the mods across and decided what to do.

Thanks
    Phil
  • busy as a bee at the mo but can deffo do a weekend day when youre ready to start welding butty, just need plenty of notice, we cutting the original brackets from the car or you able to get new ones made up? (Posher and better if you can get them) 8) i got plenty of stock if we need to get some done, easy for me to make them up in my garage if you get me sketches/dims!
  • Cheers Bob, I was wondering what to do about re-using the mounts.

I should be able to get new ones made up, I'll have a look underneath and have a word with Ray.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion